Easy Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza is spicy, cheesy, creamy and ready in just 20 minutes. It’s perfect for game day or anytime you need a quick meal!
I absolutely love me some spicy Buffalo wings, but I don’t get to enjoy them very often since not everyone in my house is a fan. The Hubs loves wings, but he doesn’t enjoy anything spicy, and most of the kids won’t eat chicken wings. Oddly enough, they don’t mind the spice, but they don’t like wings. Anyway, to get my fix, I usually find other ways to make Buffalo-flavored chicken, like sliders, Buffalo chicken dip and chicken poppers.
This time around, I decided to make some French bread pizza topped with Buffalo chicken in a creamy sauce. I shared this recipe first over at The Weary Chef, and now, I’m sharing it with you!
This is a very quick and easy dish, friends, and the prep work is minimal. I made this for one of our game day dinners, and it only took about 20 minutes — tops! And if you use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken, you can cut the time in half!
Normally, I use the entire loaf of bread when I make French bread pizza, but I only used half a loaf this time. I always make a variety of food on game days, so this was plenty for us. If you want to make more, you can easily use the whole loaf and double the recipe.
To make the Buffalo chicken, I cut up and cooked some chicken tenders, and then I added a mix of Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. The ranch helps take the heat level down a notch, and it makes a nice creamy sauce for the pizza. I made my own ranch dressing, but you can also use your favorite brand here. I spread the chicken mixture on both sides of the cut loaf of bread and topped it off with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
After about 10 minutes in the oven, the cheese melts and the bread becomes crispy and golden brown. It makes an awesome crust! Right before serving, I drizzled some extra ranch on the top and added some gorgonzola cheese and parsley for a little extra flavor. You can use blue cheese if you have that or leave it off entirely.
I’m not gonna lie — this cheesy, easy Buffalo chicken French bread pizza is spicy, but it won’t set your mouth on fire, either. The kiddos loved it, although they ate theirs with extra ranch dressing. off! If you want it super hot, just add more hot sauce.
How to Make Easy Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
Easy Buffalo French Bread Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders or breasts, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce or hot chili sauce
- gorgonzola cheese and parsley optional
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add olive oil to medium sized skillet
- Season cut chicken pieces with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add chicken to skillet, and cook until golden brown
- Stir in Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, cook until mixture is warm
- Place bread, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and spoon chicken mixture evenly over the bread
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crispy
- Turn oven to broil, and broil for about a minute or until cheese is bubbling and slightly brownGarnish with extra ranch dressing, gorgonzola or blue cheese and parsley, if desired.
This easy Buffalo chicken French bread pizza was a big hit in our house. The kids even asked me to make it again soon, and since it’s such a quick and easy dinner, I will!
Have a super day, friends!