Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole made with leftover chicken and crescent roll dough is a super quick dinner recipe ready in 20 minutes!
Craving some delicious comfort food? Wondering what to make with leftover chicken? You're going to love this easy quick and super easy chicken recipe for dinner!
So, my daughter asked for chicken pot pie the other day. I didn't have time to make it from scratch, but I did have everything I needed to make cheesy chicken pot pie with a crescent dough crust and leftover rotisserie chicken.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. You can even use leftover turkey! Best of all, you can make the whole thing in just 1 dish for easy clean-up, too!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie with Crescent Roll Dough
First, grease a casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray. Then, add your cooked chicken, and season it.
If you're using seasoned leftover roast chicken, you can season to taste. It depends on the original flavors.
Add a can of cream of celery or chicken soup and a little milk to thin it out. Mix it together with some frozen mixed vegetables, and spread the chicken evenly in the casserole dish.
Then sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. I used a blend of cheddar and Colby Jack, but you can use your favorite cheese here.
Now, carefully open the crescent dough, and unroll it so that it's a rectangle. Place the dough on top of the casserole, and carefully stretch it to fit. You can crimp or fold the edges if you want.
I left the lines as is to allow venting. But, I did use a knife to cut the dough to make it look neater.
You can pinch them together if you like. You can also roll out the dough, but leave a few holes for venting.
The casserole takes just 20 minutes or so to bake. When it's done, the crust is golden brown, and the cheesy chicken filling is hot and bubbling.
I like to let the dish sit for a few minutes to let the filling set. After that, you can go right ahead and dig in.
So, this casserole may not be like Mom's chicken pot pie, but it sure is good! The crust is tender and flaky, and the chicken is tender and delicious.
Perfect for busy weeknights! And it's kid and family approved. Go Mom!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can cream of celery soup or cream of chicken
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or blend
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease or spray a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish, add chicken, and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- Add cream of celery soup, milk, vegetables, and mix together. Spread evenly in casserole dish, and top with cheese
- Unfold the crescent roll dough so that it's a large rectangle, and place over the casserole. Pinch edges together, and stretch so that it fits over the filling
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting to allow filling to thicken up
More Leftover Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Leftover BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- Ramen Chicken Salad
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!