Easy Glazed Eggnog Cookies are soft, chewy and loaded with the delicious flavor of our favorite holiday drink. You definitely can’t stop at one!
This recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. Although I was compensated, all opinions are completely my own.
My family is absolutely crazy about eggnog. The kids just can’t get enough of the stuff, and whenever they spy the first cartons in the stores, they always beg me to buy at least one right then. It goes fast, too — and not just as a drink.
We like to get creative with eggnog recipes. We’ve been making this easy eggnog pie forever, and it’s one of our favorite holiday desserts. We’ve also made eggnog French toast and eggnog pancakes. But today, we’re talking about these easy glazed eggnog cookies.
Seriously, these pillowy little treats are soft, chewy and literally melt in your mouth. They’re crowned with a slightly sweet eggnog glaze for extra flavor, and they really do taste like the drink!
I have to say that I am so happy with the way these cookies turned out. But, I can’t take all of the credit. Honestly, I believe that the flour I used played a huge part in making this cookie recipe a success. I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour. It’s hands down my favorite flour to work with, and always makes the best baked goods.
This flour is made from organic red wheat and contains no additives. It’s also incredibly versatile. You can use it to make everything from light and fluffy cookies to the perfect loaf of bread. It also makes the best pierogi!
How to make easy glazed eggnog cookies
Anyway, back to the eggnog cookie recipe. It’s super easy. Just mix your dry ingredients, then cream together some butter, sugar and vanilla. Use an electric mixer to combine the dry with the wet.
Line some baking sheets with foil, then drop the batter onto the cookie sheets.
The cookies take about 12 to 15 minutes to bake, and they’ll be firm around the edges when they’re done. After they’ve cooled off, you can top them with a simple eggnog glaze.
The glaze really brings out the flavor, and it’s so easy to make. Definitely don’t skip this part!
I added a pinch of nutmeg over the glaze for a little extra color and flavor. You can also add some seasonal candy sprinkles if you want.
Recipe for Make Easy Glazed Eggnog Cookies
Easy Glazed Eggnog Cookies
For the Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Redmill Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the flour, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder together, and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and sugars together with an electric mixer until fairly smooth
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time
- Add the eggnog, and mix until combined
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well until fully combined
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfulls onto an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are firm
- remove from oven, allow to cool completely, then top with eggnog glaze
These easy glazed eggnog cookies are perfect for the holidays! Enjoy a few on their own or with a tall glass of eggnog for the ultimate holiday treat — yum!