Quick and Easy Hawaiian French Bread Pizza takes a few minutes to prepare and only 10 minutes to bake. It’s perfect when you need dinner in a hurry!
I just shared a healthy low carb sheet pan dinner with you a couple of days ago, and this French bread pizza recipe is definitely not low carb. What’s up with that, you ask? Well, I had intended to post something different, but my kids very generously shared their cold with me, and I didn’t feel up to working with food.
So, I’m posting this easy ham and pineapple pizza recipe that I originally shared over at The Weary Chef last month. It’s perfect for using up leftover ham, but you can also use deli ham.
We’re ham lovers here, so we usually always have some form of ham in the house. My little guy loves taking ham sandwiches for lunch, and we also love these easy Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders or Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders for a quick dinner.
But my kids just love pizza, so instead of the usual sandwiches, I decided to take some leftover ham and make a Hawaiian-style pizza using a loaf of French bread.
I started off by whipping up a creamy barbecue sauce for the base. I just used my favorite bottled BBQ sauce, which is on the sweet and spicy side, but you can definitely use your own homeade sauce if that’s what you prefer.
Then, I mixed the sauce with some heavy cream until it was a golden-brown color, and spooned it over the cut loaf of bread.
I sprinkled lots of shredded cheese over the sauce, and then I topped the pizza off with sliced ham and chunks of sweet pineapple.
After a few minutes, the French bread pizza was all golden, bubbly and ready to eat. To get an extra crispy crust, I broiled it for a little bit, but this is optional.
It’s just a little bit sweet, a tiny bit spicy and just slightly salty. In other words, it’s pretty darn good pizza!
How to Make Easy Hawaiian French Bread Pizza
Easy Hawaiian French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, thick slices or cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chunks or diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place both bread halves, cut sides up on foil-lined baking sheet
- In small bowl, mix the heavy cream with the BBQ sauce until well blended, and spread evenly over bread halves
- Top both halves with shredded cheese
- Add pineapple and ham over the cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly (You can also broil for about 5 minutes for a crisper crust)
- Remove from oven, slice and serve
This Hawaiian French Bread Pizza is quick, easy and cheap — my favorite kind of dinner! Best of all, my family loved it, and I hope yours will too!