Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Are soft, chewy, chocolaty and delicious! Made in one bowl, this easy dessert is ready in less than 30 minutes.
I'm all about easy desserts and sweet treats, and not only are these one-bowl oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars easy, but they're also incredibly delicious. These easy cookie bars are soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips -- everything bar cookies should be, right?
The inspiration for these oatmeal cookie bars came from my recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My family loves those cookies, and they go fast! So, after I made a batch of chocolate chip cookie bars, I decided to turn our favorite oatmeal cookie recipe into an easy bar cookie recipe.
The best thing about making oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars, or any cookie bars, is it's so much faster than making individual cookies. You just spread the dough in one pan, bake, and in about 25 minutes, you're ready to dive in!
How to make easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars
You only need a few ingredients to make these oatmeal cookie bars. I actually made them on a whim, since it was cold and rainy -- perfect for baking! So if you're looking for easy bar cookie recipes with just a few ingredients, this recipe is for you!
Just cream your butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl. Then, mix in the remaining ingredients.
Next, line a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper, and scoop the dough into the pan. It will be thick, so you can spread it into the pan with a spatula or your hands.
If you don't have parchment paper, you can grease the pan well. But, it's so much easier to get the bars out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper. And, it makes the pan super easy to clean!
Can you bake cookie bars in a glass pan?
You can use a glass pan -- I used to. But, the bars cook faster and more evenly in a metal baking dish. If you do use a glass pan, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
How do you know when a cookie bar is done?
Cookie bars take about 20 to 25 minutes to bake. You'll see the edges start to set and brown, and the middle should be firm but not hard. A toothpick inserted into the center should be mostly clean, although you may see some chocolate from the chips.
Let these oatmeal cookie bars cool slightly, then lift out the parchment paper, cut into squares, and enjoy them! I couldn't even wait until these cookie bars were cool -- you can see how that gorgeous chocolate is just oozing out!
It's easy to turn these into Christmas cookie bars by adding a few holiday M & M's to the top!
Kitchen tools used to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars
Contains affiliate links. See disclosure policy for more information.
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ ` teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 cup butter until creamy
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract, and beat until creamy
- Add eggs, and beat well. Gradually mix in the flour, then add baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon, and mix well
- Stir in the oats, and mix until well combined, then stir in chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13-inch metal baking dish with parchment paper, or grease well, and press the cookie dough evenly into the pan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the corners start to turn golden brown and the a toothpick inserted into the center is mostly clean. Baking time may vary depending on your oven
- Remove pan from oven, allow to cool, then lift parchment paper out of pan, and slice into squares.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.