Easy Ramen Stir Fry is a quick and easy recipe with noodles and vegetables in a delicious homemade sauce. Ready in 15 minutes!
I grew up on those cup-of-ramen soups and loved them! These days, I buy the little packages, toss out the seasoning packets, and turn the dry noodles into Ramen Chicken Salad, easy soups and stir frys. My kids love them!
This instant ramen noodle recipe is very versatile, and you make it as a side dish or vegetarian main dish. You can also add meat or other protein to make it a heartier meal.
Ingredients for Ramen Skillet
You only need a few ingredients to make ramen in a skillet. And, you probably have most of them in your pantry, fridge or freezer:
- Chicken broth -- I use low sodium
- Soy sauce -- Low sodium
- Ramen noodles -- Toss the seasoning packet
- Frozen veggies
- Garlic powder, dried minced onions, ground ginger
- Sesame oil -- gives added flavor
How to Make Instant Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
First bring the chicken broth and soy sauce to a low boil. I use a big old non-stick wok, but you can use a skillet if that's what you have.
Next, add your ramen noodles and frozen veggies. I usually use about a cup of mixed veggies here.
There really are no rules, though. You can use what you have on hand.
Add the seasoning along with the ramen. Then, gently start to break the ramen noodles up with kitchen tongs or a spoon.
This meal comes together fast! The ramen cooks in about 5 minutes or less, so you do have to keep an eye on it.
The dry noodles will continue to absorb the broth, so don't worry about it being ramen soup! OF course, if you want soup, you can always add more broth.
When the noodles are done, sprinkle a little sesame oil over the ramen to finish it off. If you can't find it, don't worry. But, it does add great flavor.
That's all, folks! You're ready to eat! I like to garnish the ramen noodles with some chopped green onions if I have them. But, it's not necessary.
Make it a Meal
Add your favorite protein to make a bigger meal with instant ramen:
- Leftover rotisserie chicken or roast chicken
- Cooked shrimp or canned tuna
- Your favorite chopped fresh vegetables
- Shredded cabbage
Note -- If you want to cook some chicken with the ramen, brown some cut-up chicken first. Then, remove it and add it back when the ramen is done.
Easy Ramen Stir Fry
- Heat chicken broth and soy sauce in a large skillet over high heat
- Add ramen noodles, frozen vegetables, minced onions, garlic powder and ground ginger
- Cook ramen until soft, breaking up with tongs or fork and stirring frequently. Add sesame oil, and turn heat to low. Noodles will continue to absorb broth.