Baked Honey Garlic Chicken breasts with a delicious sweet and savory sauce is a quick and easy dinner recipe ready in 30 minutes. Your family will love this simple meal!
This honey garlic chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make, and it's honestly out-of-this-world delicious. My family loves it, and even my pickiest eater has zero complaints! If you're looking for an easy chicken recipe with few ingredients, this one's for you!
My grandma used to make honey garlic wings that tasted like our favorite Chinese take-out. But chicken breasts recipes for dinner work better for us. So, I just changed a few things to make this an easy 30 minute meal.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make honey garlic chicken. Most of them are probably in your fridge or pantry!
- Chicken breasts -- thin ones work best
- Garlic -- I use chopped and garlic powder for max flavor
- Soy sauce
- Vinegar -- I use rice vinegar, but regular or apple cider works too
- Flour or cornstarch -- optional, but it thickens the sauce
- Sea salt -- optional
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken
First, make the simple sauce. Just whisk the honey, soy sauce and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Then, stir in the chopped garlic, and set aside.
Next, dust the chicken breasts with flour or cornstarch. This step is optional but recommended. The sauce doesn't thicken up or stick to the chicken well without it.
Add a little vegetable oil to a baking dish or coat it well with non stick spray. Place the chicken into the baking dish, and season with garlic powder and a little sea salt.
Now, pour the sauce over the chicken. You'll want to lift the chicken up so that the sauce gets underneath the chicken, as well.
Spread the sauce over the chicken so that it's mostly covered. I try to make most of the garlic sit in the sauce so it doesn't burn as the chicken cooks.
Bake the chicken for 30 minutes or until it reaches 165 degrees internally. Thin chicken breasts work best. You can slice them in half if you need to. Or, you can also ask for split breasts from the butcher.
For an even richer sauce, I sometimes throw in a tablespoon or 2 of butter towards the end of cooking. Yum. I also like to broil the chicken for about 5 minutes for added color and texture.
Chop up a few green onions for flavor and a pop of color Now, you're ready to eat!
What to Serve with It
We love to serve Instant Pot Jasmine Rice with baked honey garlic chicken. You can also try an easy ramen stir fry or even mashed potatoes. I like to round out the meal with air fryer broccoli, microwave broccoli or asparagus cooked in the microwave or sautéed asparagus on the stove.
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil can use cooking spray
- 4 to 6 small chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt optional
For the sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk the honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar in a mixing bowl, and add chopped garlic
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with flour, add vegetable oil to 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place chicken in dish, and sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt, if using
- Pour sauce over chicken, making sure it gets over and under chicken. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165° according to meat thermometer
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.