Hawaiian BBQ Pork Chops topped with bits of pineapple are tangy, sweet and ready in 20 minutes. Your family will love this quick and easy dinner!
I hope you’re hungry, because I’ve got an easy recipe for Hawaiian style BBQ pineapple pork chops for you today! All you need for this quick fix dinner is a skillet, pork chops and a few other ingredients. It's that easy.
I have to confess that I don’t make pork chops that often. Usually, I’ll make pork roast in the slow cooker, and then we’ll have pulled pork sandwiches, carnitas or even pork roast soup for leftovers. But those are definitely fall and winter recipes, and since it’s still warm out, I wanted to pan fry the pork chops on the stove, instead.
I should also confess that my kids are not that crazy about pork chops. Seriously, what’s wrong with them, right?! Anyway, whenever I make something that my kids aren’t crazy about, I usually add barbecue sauce. It’s one of my secret weapons, because those kiddos will eat just about anything if it has BBQ sauce. And if it has pineapple, even better! I originally shared these Hawaiian pork chops with pineapple over at The Weary Chef last month and I couldn't wait to post it here!
Skillet Hawaiian BBQ pork chops is a super simple, quick and easy recipe, and it comes together in about 20 minutes. All you do is make the sauce, brown the chops, add the sauce to the pan, and let the chops simmer until done. I like to remove the pork from the pan, and let the sauce boil and get a little thick before adding the meat back in. But I’ve also made it with just adding the sauce directly over the pork, and it’s really fine either way. Just do what you find easier.
Now personally, I like to cook the pork chops in a cast iron skillet. It does an awesome job of browning the meat, and it holds heat well so the chops stay nice and warm. But any heavy skillet will work here.
I’m happy to say that my family loved these Hawaiian BBQ pineapple pork chops. I served them over couscous, but you can use rice, quinoa or even mashed potatoes.
Hawaiian BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
Hawaiian BBQ Pork Chops
For the pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops about 1 inch thick
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper
- Mix the pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, sea salt, ginger, garlic powder and minced onions together until blended, and set aside
- Add olive oil and pork chops to large cast iron skillet, and cook on medium high heat for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown
- Transfer chops to a platter, and cover with foil
- Add sauce to the skillet, and stir to release any brown bits from the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium
- Add pork chops to skillet, and simmer in sauce for 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature is at least 145 degrees, according to meat thermometer
- Stir in reserved pineapple before serving
I hope you enjoy these Hawaiian BBQ pork chops as much as we did!