Easy Instant Pot Applesauce is made with no sugar and just a touch of cinnamon. This homemade applesauce recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious side dish!
Instant Pot applesauce is definitely one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you can make. Just dump all of the ingredients into the pressure cooker, press start, and cook!
After only 4 minutes of cooking time, you’ve got delicious, healthy homemade applesauce! As a bonus, your home will smell amazing — just like fall!
I used to always make homemade applesauce in the Crock-Pot, but it’s so much faster in the pressure cooker. My daughter got braces last week and was having one heck of a time eating — poor baby! I was able to whip up some applesauce in the Instant Pot in just a few minutes, and she was one happy camper!
We like unsweetened applesauce, so this recipe is made without sugar. You can add some if you want, but my kids love it just as it is, so that definitely tells me it’s sweet enough. In fact, we think it has even more flavor the next day!
How to Make Applesauce in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
You can use peeled or unpeeled apples for homemade applesauce. I usually don’t peel them, but I did this time because I wanted it to be as smooth as possible for my daughter. Think baby food!
Best apples for unsweetened applesauce
Personally, I like to use a mix of tart and sweet apples to make unsweetened applesauce. I usually use a mix of Granny Smith, Honeycrisp and gala, but you can use what you like best. I wouldn’t recommend using all Granny Smiths, though, since that would most likely be too tart!
Just, throw the apples into the Instant Pot, and sprinkle the cinnamon and sea salt over the top. Then, add the water, and pressure cook the apples for 4 minutes.
You’ll notice I only use 1/4 cup of water here, which may seem like it won’t work, but trust me, it does! If you like your applesauce thinner, use 1/2 cup of water.
You can mash the apples with a potato masher or fork if you like chunkier applesauce. But since I wanted the applesauce to be as smooth as possible, I used an immersion blender here.
You can serve your homemade applesauce warm or refrigerate it for later. We thought it was even better the next day!
Recipes that use applesauce
Recipe for Instant Pot Applesauce
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 10 small apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the apples to the Instant Pot
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sea salt over apples, and pour water around the sides
- Cover, turn vent to sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then cook for 4 minutes and beep when cooking is done
- Do a gradual quick release to avoid liquid spraying from Pot, or allow pot to release naturally. When pin drops, open lid, and use an immersion blender for smooth applesauce or stir or mash with fork for chunky applesauce
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot Applesauce recipe as much as we do!