Easy Instant Pot Beef Taco Meat made with ground beef, black beans and spices is a quick and easy dinner perfect for busy days. Makes delicious taco bowls!
Ground beef taco meat is one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you can make. Actually, it’s an easy dinner recipe — period! Beef taco meat is my go-to easy dinner recipe for busy days or days when I am completely exhausted and too lazy to put much effort into dinner.
I pretty much rely on chicken and easy ground beef recipes to get me through days like these. And, even though we love making Instant Pot salsa verde chicken for tacos, beef is even easier. Oh — please tell me I’m not the only mom who has days like these!
How to make easy ground beef taco meat in the Instant Pot
Like I said, this recipe is super simple. And yes, you can do this on the stove –I’ve made it this way a gazillion times. But honestly, I like Instant Pot taco meat better. The meat is softer, the flavor is deeper, and you can sit back and let the pot cook.
First, you brown the ground beef and add the spices. I add my own, but you can use a packet of taco seasoning if that’s easier. Next, you add some black beans, and pressure cook it for 5 minutes.
If you’re busy, you can even do a manual release and let the meat keep warm until you’re ready to serve. That’s the beauty of Instant Pot cooking!
So, what do you do with your fabulous pressure cooker taco meat? Of course, you can make tacos or burritos or enchilada casserole. But, our favorite way to eat taco meat is to make beef taco bowls over Instant Pot jasmine rice — yum!
Instant Pot Beef Taco Meat Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Taco Meat
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup organic low sodium beef broth
- 1 15-ounce can low sodium black beans
- Press SAUTE button on Instant Pot, and when it reads hot, add the olive oil and ground beef
- Break beef up with wooden spoon or spatula, and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat, if necessary. Add spices, and stir.
- Hit Cancel, and pour in beef broth. Add black beans over beef. Place lid on pressure cooker, turn vent to Sealing, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook for 5 minutes. When pot beeps, turn vent for a quick release or do manual release to keep warm until serving
- When pin drops, remove lid, stir meat mixture, and serve. To reduce liquid, hit SAUTE, and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot beef taco meat recipe as much as we do!