Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is an easy dinner made with hamburger meat and pasta but without cream soup. It’s budget friendly and kid approved!
Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff is one of my family’s favorite Instant Pot ground beef recipes — even my picky eater loves it! It’s also one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you can make. Seriously, you can’t mess this up!
Growing up, my grandmother made an authentic beef stroganoff with beef stew meat, mushrooms — the works. And while that was probably the best beef stroganoff recipe I’ve ever tasted, this hamburger stroganoff recipe is so much easier. It’s perfect for busy days!
This hamburger stroganoff is made without cream of mushroom soup. In fact, the Hubs can’t have mushrooms, so there are no mushrooms, either. But don’t worry, because there’s plenty of flavor here!
How to make Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff
Making beef stroganoff in the pressure cooker is super easy. Start off by heating some olive oil in the pot and browning the meat.
I use lean ground beef, but if there’s too much grease, drain off as much as you can. Then, season the meat, and add a bag of uncooked egg noodles. Pour in a little Worcestershire sauce and beef broth, and pressure cook it!
After pressure cooking, do a gradual quick release to minimize liquid spraying everywhere. Then, stir in a little Dijon mustard and sour cream, and you are ready to eat!
This Instant Pot beef stroganoff is easy, creamy and so delicious! You can add more sour cream if you like, but I usually just put extra on the table and let people add as much as they want.
And if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this one pot ground beef stroganoff on your stove!
Looking for more Instant Pot ground beef recipes?
- Instant Pot creamy shells and beef
- Instant Pot creamy taco pasta
- Instant Pot spaghetti and meat sauce
- Instant Pot macaroni beef casserole
- Instant Pot sloppy joes
- Instant Pot BBQ shells and beef
Recipe for Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12-ounce bag wide egg noodles
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hit SAUTE button on the Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add olive oil then the ground beef. Break up and stir beef with spatula, and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain beef if you need to, then stir in sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onions and smoked paprika. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, making sure there are no browned bits stuck to pot. Hit Cancel
- Add egg noodles over beef, then pour beef broth over and around the noodles. Broth may not cover all the noodles, but you can press gently down with spoon to get them in the broth
- Cover, then turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will heat up, then beep when it reaches pressure. After 4 minutes cook time, do a gradual quick release to prevent liquid from spraying. When pin drops, remove lid, and stir noodles and beef.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and sour cream until thoroughly mixed. You can add more sour cream if you like or serve with additional sour cream on the side
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff as much as we do!