Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta is a quick and easy ground beef dinner recipe that you can make in the pressure cooker in less than 30 minutes. This delicious one dish meal is loaded with cheese, salsa, shells and beef and is perfect for busy days!
If you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe made with ground beef and pasta with a little south-of-the-border flavor, you’re going to love this delicious Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta. It’s like homemade Hamburger Helper, and it’s super kid friendly. And since it’s a one pot dinner, there’s hardly any clean-up!
I don’t think you can ever have too many easy ground beef recipes, especially Instant Pot ground beef recipes. I probably make ground beef in the Instant Pot for dinner once a week, so I try to prepare it a different way each time.
I’ve been trying to go through as many of my one pot dinner recipes and possible and convert them to pressure cooker recipes. This easy taco pasta is based on one of our favorites — one pot taco pasta. It’s basically a combination of taco meat and pasta, and it’s perfect for those days when you can’t decided between Italian and Mexican food for dinner.
How to make Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta
I love making pasta in the Instant Pot. The texture is always perfect, and you never have to worry about the pot boiling over or carrying a heavy pot of boiling water over to the sink!
To make taco pasta in the Instant Pot, you start out by browning a little ground beef. When the meat is no longer pink, you add your seasonings. I like to make my own taco seasoning mix, but you can easily use a packet if that’s what you prefer.
Then, you layer a box of uncooked pasta shells, water and some salsa over the beef and pressure cook it all for only 4 minutes. You can add a minute if you like your pasta softer.
After the pressure cooking is done, you stir it all up and add a little sour cream and cheese. The sour cream adds a creamier texture and a tangy flavor to the pasta, and it’s what we would normally add to our tacos. And of course, you have to have cheese!
I used a combo of cheddar and monterey jack, but you could use all cheddar or whatever you want!
You can also add as many of your favorite taco toppings over the pasta. I used extra cheese, sour cream, radishes, tomatoes, sliced peppers and some cilantro.
Looking for more Instant Pot ground beef recipes?
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef
- Easy Instant Pot Hamburgers
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Mom’s Best Chili
Recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1-pound box medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Hit SAUTE on the Instant Pot, and when it reads hot, add the olive oil. When it reads hot again, add the ground beef, and break up meat with a flat spatula
- When meat is no longer pink, add the sea salt, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onions and pepper, and stir until well coated.
- Hit CANCEL, then add the pasta shells, water and salsa. Do not stir. Cover, then turn valve to sealing position
- Hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes, and when pot beeps, hit CANCEL, and do a gradual quick release
- When pin drops, carefully remove lid, and gently stir pasta. Stir in sour cream and cheeses until well combined and serve immediately
My family loved this easy Instant Pot creamy taco pasta. I hope you enjoy this easy dinner as much as we do!