Creamy Instant Pot Ham and Cheese Tortellini with leftover ham is a quick and easy recipe that's ready in 30 minutes and has almost no prep work!
Creamy Instant Pot ham and cheese tortellini with peas is a super quick and easy dinner that you make with leftover ham and just a few other ingredients. If you're looking for a simple dump and start Instant Pot recipe that's easy enough for beginners, you'll want to try this one!
Some of my favorite Instant Pot recipes are ones where you just throw everything into the pot and press start. I'm all about quick and easy dinner recipes, and it really doesn't get much easier than this.
My family loves tortellini, so I have several tortellini recipes on the blog. Actually, my one pot tortellini and leftover ham recipe was the inspiration for this one. It's Italian inspired and kind of like ham tortellini Alfredo.
But, when I started making this ham and cheese tortellini in the Instant Pot, it just sort of turned into more of a mac and cheese recipe. It's basically leftover ham and pasta in a creamy cheese sauce. Oh, you guys -- it's so dang good!
How to make leftover ham and cheese tortellini in the Instant Pot
Ham and cheese tortellini is a great way to use up leftover cooked ham. If you don't have leftover ham, you can buy ham at the deli counter and have them slice it into thick cubes. Just add the cubed ham to your Instant Pot.
Then, pour uncooked tortellini on top, and add some water and spices. Since ham has plenty of salt, I only added ½ a teaspoon here. You can leave it out completely if you want.
After pressure cooking, stir in some frozen peas, a touch of Dijon mustard, heavy cream and cheese. I used colby jack and a little bit of Parm here. The sauce looks thin at first, but it thickens up as the tortellini cools down.
And that's all you need to make this easy, creamy, cheesy Instant Pot ham and cheese tortellini! It takes about 30 minutes to make, so it's perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Did I mention that it's super kid friendly? Even my picky eaters ate this tortellini right up!
How long is leftover ham good in the fridge?
Generally, you want to use up cooked leftover ham within 3 to 5 days.
Can you freeze leftover ham?
Absolutely! Just put your leftover ham into freezer bags or airtight freezer-safe containers for best results.
More easy Instant Pot tortellini recipes
- Instant Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini
- Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Tortellini
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini
Instant Pot Ham and Cheese Tortellini with Peas Recipe
Instant Pot Ham and Cheese Tortellini
- 2 cups leftover ham cubed
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Add the ham to inner Instant Pot
- Add the uncooked tortellini over the ham
- Pour the water over and around tortellini
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, sea salt and pepper on the tortellini, and place the lid on top
- Turn valve to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes. Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure and begin counting down, then cook for 4 minutes
- When pot beeps, do a quick release. When pin drops, carefully open lid, and stir
- Pour in the peas, then stir in the heavy cream and Dijon mustard
- Gradually add the colby jack and Parmesan cheese, stirring until well blended and creamy. Sauce may be thin at first but will thicken up as it sits and cools
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot leftover ham and cheese tortellini recipe as much as we do!