One Pot Cheesy Ham Tortellini Skillet with sun dried tomatoes is a delicious way to use up leftover ham. It's easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes!
One of the best things about having ham for Easter and Christmas is the leftovers! You can use leftover ham so many different ways, and we practically live off of it the week after the holiday.
Since I tend to get a little carried away with the cooking on any holiday, I pretty much stick to simple, quick-fix dinners for a few days after that. Actually, sometimes we just eat cold ham, along with potato salad and leave it at that!
But today, I was feeling inspired, and I wanted something a a little more adventurous than ham and cheese sliders. But, I didn't want a ton of dishes, either. So it was definitely the perfect day for a one-pot meal -- yea! And that, my friends, is where this easy, cheesy tortellini with ham comes in.
My family is crazy about tortellini. Usually, I make it with sausage or sometimes, with chicken. But today, I just cut up some of the leftover ham and cooked it with the tortellini in a creamy cheese sauce.
The ham just needs to warm up, and the tortellini only takes about seven minutes to cook, so the entire meal is ready in less than 20 minutes. If you're looking for a quick and easy dinner, you'll love this tortellini with ham and cheese!
I kept the sauce nice and light this time around. Usually, I make tortellini with plenty of cream and sometimes, I'll make a creamy tomato sauce. But since it's spring, and we're into light dinners, this sauce just coats the pasta. If you want a little extra sauce, just add a little more cream -- easy peasy!
Since I love sun dried tomatoes, I threw in a few for extra flavor and a little pop of color. If you don't like them, you can easily leave the tomatoes out. Or, you can add some grape tomatoes if you want. But I definitely recommend trying it with the sun dried tomatoes -- they really do make the pasta extra special!
How to Make One Pot Cheesy Ham Tortellini Skillet Dinner
One Pot Cheesy Ham Tortellini Skillet
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 20-ounce package tortellini
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In a large skillet, add ham and cook on medium heat until warm
- Add the water, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and tortellini, and mix well
- raise heat to medium high, and cook until pasta starts to soften, stirring occasionally
- Reduce heat to medium low, stir in cheese and sun dried tomatoes, and cook until liquid is mostly absorbed and tortellini is done
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve
This one pot cheesy ham tortellini skillet dinner was a huge hit with my family. We barely had any leftovers! So if you're looking for an easy recipe with leftover ham, I hope you try this one!