Peppermint Bark made with swirls of white and semi sweet chocolate and topped with crushed peppermint candies is one of our favorite easy Christmas treats!
We made a lot of Christmas goodies over the weekend, and we’ll be making a lot more over the next few weeks. I like to mix some super easy treats in with the more time consuming ones, and this Peppermint Bark is one of my family’s favorite easy treats to make during the holidays. And it’s a good thing it’s so uncomplicated because this stuff goes fast!
We’ve been making different versions of bark for years, and not only do we make it at Christmas, but we also make it in different colors for other holidays. This is such an easy treat to prepare, and it’s perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time or energy. I seem to have a lot of those days around this time of year!
My favorite bark recipe uses a mix of white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate. You just melt both chocolates, dump them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and swirl them together.
I’m all about peppermint lately, so this time I added a tiny bit of peppermint extract to the chocolate, and then we sprinkled peppermint candies all over the swirled candy. My daughter may have gotten a little carried away with the sprinkles, but I think it looks so festive, and it tastes awesome too!
I always put the tray into the fridge for a little bit so that the bark sets quickly. I want to taste it immediately, and when it comes to chocolate, I don’t have a lot of patience.
Then, I cut the bark into rough squares, and it’s ready to go. You can also break it into pieces. Either way is fine.
Ingredients for Peppermint Bark
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed peppermint candies
- Pour the semi sweet morsels and the white chocolate morsels into separate microwaveable bowls
- Melt each bowl of chocolates separately starting at 30 seconds and then at 15-second increments, stirring frequently until fully melted and smooth
- Add the peppermint extract to one of the melted chocolates, and stir well
- Pour both chocolates onto a wax-paper lined baking sheet, next to each other
- Swirl together with sharp knife or toothpick, sprinkle top with crushed peppermint candies, and place in refrigerator until solid
- Remove from fridge, and break apart or cut with sharp knife. Store in fridge.
We made a batch of peppermint bark yesterday, and it’s just about gone already. So, that’s why I said it’s a good thing it’s such an easy treat — we can always whip up another batch. You can also pack a few pieces of bark into a festive container, and it makes a great gift!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to swing by again tomorrow to see more holiday treats!