Salsa Verde White Queso Dip is spicy, cheesy and perfect for game day. Whip up this easy appetizer in 15 minutes and keep it warm in the Crock-Pot!
So lately, I've been slightly obsessed with dips and cheese and all things made with salsa verde. That may seem like a random list, but it's really not. Promise. See, if you put them all together, you have this delicious salsa verde white queso dip!
I know I just posted a queso dip recipe the other day, but there are so many ways to make queso. And this salsa verde queso is definitely different from the first. I made this one over the weekend, and friends, it was so good that I couldn't wait to share!
Besides, it's football season. Need I say more?
Looking for more warm dip recipes for game day? Check these out:
This dip is made with a combination of Monterey Jack cheese and mozzarella. It's a little thicker than the cheddar queso and a little spicer due to the addition of tomatillo salsa.
But, it's also just as easy to make and quite possibly even cheesier than the cheddar. I kind of got a little bit carried away with the pictures of stretchy cheese, as you can tell.
If you're planning to eat the queso right away, you can drizzle it over tortilla chips or eat it straight from the skillet. If you're serving this dip for a party or tailgating, it keeps nice and warm in a small Crock-Pot. Just make the queso in the skillet, and transfer it to the slow cooker when it's done.
I recommend keeping the Crock-Pot setting on warm so that it heats evenly and doesn't boil. The dip stays warm for at least a couple of hours this way, so it's perfect for entertaining. Just dip the chips and gobble it up!
How to Make Salsa Verde White Queso Dip
Salsa Verde White Queso Dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large cast iron skillet or heavy pan, melt the butter over medium heat
- Saute the onions, jalapeno peppers and garlic until slightly soft
- Stir in the the sea salt
- Stir in salsa verde
- Whisk in the heavy cream, and heat until it starts to bubble
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cream cheese until melted
- Gradually add the shredded cheese, and whisk until cheese is melted
- Return skillet to heat, and cook on medium until warm
- Serve immediately, or pour into slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
If you're looking for an easy dip for game day or parties, I think you'll love this salsa verde white queso dip!
Shared at Weekend Potluck