Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip made with fresh spinach is creamy, cheesy and a classic hot dip recipe for an easy holiday, party or game day appetizer!
I just love a good dip recipe, and I’m always on the lookout for new ones, especially during the holidays. One of my favorite appetizers is spinach artichoke dip, especially when it’s served in a bread bowl.
I love those, and you see this at so many parties. I’ve even served spinach dip like that before, but this year, I decided to do something different.
When I came across a recipe for hot baked spinach artichoke dip in Southern Living Magazine, I just had to give it a try. I was going to link to the original recipe, but I couldn’t find the same one on their site. The name was there, but the recipe was different.
Actually, I changed a few things because that’s just what I do, but I absolutely love the way it turned out!
Use Fresh Spinach Instead of Frozen
For starters, I used fresh spinach in this artichoke dip instead of the frozen that the recipe called for. I’m not a fan of frozen spinach — never have been, and we always have fresh on hand, so that’s what I used.
I just squeezed as much water as I could after I washed the leaves, and then I chopped it up into smaller pieces. But if you’re fine with frozen, then you can definitely use that — no judging here.
How to Make Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
As with almost any recipe, I recommend getting all of your ingredients measured and ready to go. It really makes things so much easier!
Just add your sour cream, mayo and seasoning to a mixing bowl. Then stir it all together.
Next, add your chopped spinach, drained chopped artichoke hearts and shredded cheese. Then, give it all a good stir until it’s well combined and creamy.
Spread the dip mixture into a greased casserole dish. Top it off with more shredded cheese, and bake!
Bake Spinach Artichoke Dip in an Air Fryer Toaster Oven
You can bake the hot spinach dip in a regular oven, but it also works in an air fryer oven. Just use the bake setting, and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
And friends, this hot baked spinach artichoke dip is pretty amazing! You need to try it!
What to Serve with Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
It’s got loads of ooey, gooey stretchy cheese, so you need some hard crackers or toasted bread rounds to really dig in. Fresh carrots work well too.
Can You Reheat Hot Spinach Dip
Yes, you can! It’s easy to reheat. In fact, we had the leftovers the next day! To reheat this dip, you can:
- Microwave on low until hot
- Bake in the oven at 350 until heated through
- Use the reheat setting on your air fryer
Can you Make Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Ahead of Time
You can make the dip up to 2 days in advance. Any longer, and it starts to get runny.
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed, drained and roughly chopped remove as much water as possible
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, about 1 whole lemon
- 1 10-oz jar small artichoke hearts, drained and chopped Can use 12 ounce, instead
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray large baking dish with non-stick spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayo, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, onions, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper
- Stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, lemon juice and 1 cup of pepper jack cheese
- Spoon into prepared baking dish, and top with remaining pepper jack cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubby
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve warm
More Hot Dip Recipes
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Dip
Pin Image to Save the Recipe
Recipe was originally published in 2016 and updated in 2019 with new pictures and tips.
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!