Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner made with chicken breasts, potatoes and broccoli is a one pan meal with easy clean up that takes 30 minutes to bake!
I originally made this baked chicken dinner with potatoes for the first time a few weeks ago, and friends, my family honestly devoured it in a few minutes! The kids just kept dipping their meat and veggies into the sauce until their plates were completely clean.
Even my pickiest eater liked it. And if she likes something, you know it's good.
Since then, we've had this honey mustard chicken several times, and either I would forget to take pictures, or I wasn't happy with the results. I hate it when that happens! So, this time, the stars, moons, planets and just about everything else aligned perfectly, and I'm finally posting this recipe.
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
The key to making dinner all in one pan is making sure everything cooks evenly and in the same amount of time. So, you need thinner chicken breasts, or you need to cut them in half.
I used baby potatoes, and I cut the bigger ones in quarters. The smaller ones I just cut them in half.
Basically, all you do is place the chicken and potatoes on a large baking sheet with some olive oil. I use foil to cut down on clean-up, but you can leave it off if you want.m on a foil-lined baking sheet. Next, you add spices and brush a mix of honey and mustard over the meat.
Now, you bake the chicken and potatoes for about 25 minutes. Broccoli only takes a few minutes to cook, so you can throw that on the pan during the last few minutes of baking time.
When the chicken is at 165 degrees, according to a meat thermometer, and the broccoli is fork tender, you're done! This takes 30 minutes in my oven, but the time may vary slightly in yours.
I like to add a little extra olive oil or butter right before serving. And, I usually add a little bit of shredded Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. These steps are totally optional but so worth it!
Using foil to line the baking sheet is optional, as well, but this makes clean-up even easier. Just roll up the foil when you're done and toss it into the trash. Can't beat that!
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Honey BBQ Chicken Dinner
- Sheet Pan Honey Teriyaki Dinner
- Baked Chicken and Zucchini
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner
- 2 pounds chicken breasts about 4 small or 2 large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small white potatoes washed and cut in quarters or halves if small
- 2 cups broccoli florets washed and cut
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon minced onions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a large sheet pan with foil, and add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arrange chicken pieces and potatoes over the pan
- Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and onions
- Brush honey and mustard over chicken, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken temperature is at least 165 degrees
- Add broccoli, and drizzle with remaining olive oil or butter, and cook for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is slightly soft
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese (if desired) and serve immediately
Recipe was originally published in 2016 and updated in 2020