This delicious Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner with broccoli and potatoes takes about 30 minutes to make, and clean-up is incredibly easy!
Have you heard about sheet pan dinners? This is seriously my new favorite way to cook dinner because it’s quick, easy and there’s almost no clean-up.
I’ve been seeing so many sheet pan meal ideas around lately, so I really wanted to try this method. I’m a huge fan of one-pot meals, and this method is even easier.
I originally made this one-pan chicken dinner with veggies for the first time a few weeks ago, and friends, my family honestly devoured it in a few minutes! The kids just kept dipping their meat and veggies into the sauce until their plates were completely clean. Even my pickiest eater liked it. And if she likes something, you know it’s good.
Since then, we’ve had this honey mustard chicken several times, and either I would forget to take pictures, or I wasn’t happy with the results. I hate it when that happens! So, this time, the stars, moons, planets and just about everything else aligned perfectly, and I’m finally posting this recipe.
Basically, all you do is cut up some chicken breasts so that they’re not too thick, and then you place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Next, you add spices and brush a mix of honey and mustard over the meat.
The idea behind a sheet pan dinner is that everything cooks together on one baking sheet. So, I added some small baby white potatoes. I planned to use broccoli, but since it doesn’t take long to cook, I added the broccoli florets right before the dinner was done.
I like to add a little extra olive oil or butter right before serving. And, I usually add a little bit of shredded Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. These steps are totally optional but so worth it!
Using foil to line the baking sheet is optional, as well, but this makes clean-up even easier. Just roll up the foil when you’re done and toss it into the trash. Can’t beat that!
How to Make Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner
- 4 pounds chicken breasts about 2
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small white potatoes washed and cut
- 2 cups broccoli florets washed and cut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a large sheet pan with foil, and add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arrange chicken pieces and potatoes over the pan
- Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and onions
- Brush honey and mustard over chicken, and bake for 25 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken temperature is at least 165 degrees
- Add broccoli, and drizzle with remaining olive oil or butter, and cook for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is slightly soft
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese (if desired) and serve immediately
This sheet pan honey mustard chicken dinner recipe makes a lot of food. You can easily reduce the amounts to suit your needs, or you can use the extra leftover chicken for other meals, like this cranberry apple walnut chicken salad. Easy peasy — my favorite kind of dinner!
I’ve been experimenting with other one pan dinners, like this Sheet Pan Honey BBQ Chicken Dinner.
I can’t wait to share more! I may be slightly addicted to these easy dinners, can you tell?