Easy Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad recipe combines fresh strawberries with sweet bananas in a creamy cheesecake filling. This delicious dessert salad is the perfect side dish for a church potluck, summer BBQ or family gathering!
Creamy strawberry banana salad is always a huge hit at holiday dinners and summer barbecues. I am all about easy recipes, and this creamy fruit salad is super easy to make!
It's loaded with luscious strawberries, banana slices and fluffy marshmallows in a simple no bake cheesecake filling, and it is absolutely delicious.
You might want to make a double batch because this fluffy salad goes fast!
If you love dessert salads, try my red white and blue cheesecake salad, Strawberry Jello fruit salad, marshmallow fruit salad, snicker apple salad and more delicious salad recipes to serve at your next family dinner.
Ingredients for Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad
You only need a few simple ingredients for this fluffy fruit salad. They should be available in your local grocery store.
- Fresh juicy strawberries -- frozen berries don't work well in this salad
- Ripe Bananas -- look for bananas that are mostly yellow. Overripe bananas don't hold up well in this salad.
- Cream cheese -- Softened cream cheese at room temperature. I use full fat cream cheese, but use low-fat cream cheese if you prefer.
- Cool Whip -- Thawed. Makes the salad light and fluffy.
- Vanilla extract -- for flavor
- Powdered sugar -- for sweetness
- Marshmallows -- a bag of miniature marshmallows
How to Make Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
First, rinse, dry and slice strawberries into bite sized pieces. Then, slice bananas.
Whip cream cheese until fluffy in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and fold in half the Cool Whip.
Next, add the fresh fruit and mini marshmallows. Gently mix in the remaining Cool Whip until well blended.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately. Or, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Store
Strawberry cheesecake salad is best served the day you make it, as the fruit tends to break down and become watery. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days. It does not freeze well.
The cheesecake filling covers the bananas, but you can add a splash of lemon juice if you are worried about them turning brown.
Make sure Cool Whip is thawed and cream cheese is at room temperature for easy mixing.
Be sure to dry strawberries before adding to the salad so that it doesn't get too watery.
Recipe Substitutions and Variations
If you want a creamier cheesecake salad, add strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt.
You can use make homemade whipped cream using heavy cream, but the salad may not hold up as well.
Add different fruits to the base of the cheesecake fruit salad recipe. Use your favorite summer berries for a scrumptious summer berry cheesecake salad!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz fresh strawberries rinsed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- Prepare the strawberries and bananas, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy
- Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar, and mix until well combined
- Fold in half the Cool Whip. Add the strawberries, banana slices and mini marshmallows to the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the remaining Cool Whip, and stir until creamy.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy potluck salad as much as my family does. If you try it, please leave a comment and/or star rating.
For more easy side salad recipes and easy recipes for families, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.