Valentines Rice Krispie Treats are heart-shaped Rice Krispies treats decorated with melted white chocolate and sprinkles. An easy dessert for Valentine's Day!
These heart-shaped Valentine Rice Krispie treats are an adorable Valentine's Day dessert. Not only are these delicious treats cute, but this no bake dessert is also incredibly easy to make!
You take your classic Rice Krispie treats and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make Rice Krispie hearts. Decorate the heart shapes with Valentine sprinkles and a drizzle of melted white chocolate.
Heart Rice Krispie treats are super cute and a fun Valentine's Day treat!
Looking for more Valentine treats? Check out our Valentine's Day Snack Mix and Homemade chocoate candy hearts and even more dessert recipes in the archives.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these heart shaped Rice Krispie treats. They should be easy to find in your grocery store.
- Marshmallows -- I used jumbo marshmallows because we had them, but mini marshmallows and regular large marshmallows are fine.
- Rice Krispies cereal -- Or any brand of crispy rice cereal
- Butter -- for melting the marshmallows. Use salted butter or unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract -- for flavor
- Valentine's Day sprinkles -- pink or red festive sprinkles or jimmies
- White chocolate chips -- optional, for decoration
You will also need a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the heart cut-outs and a large baking sheet to spread out the cereal mixture for cutting. Wax paper or parchment paper will make clean-up for this easy treat even easier.
How to Make Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats
First, melt the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. I do 30-second increments and stir after each 30-second increment until marshmallows are melted.
Then, stir in the vanilla.
Next, gradually add the cereal. This makes it easier to blend, instead of adding the cereal all at once.
Mix the cereal into the marshmallow mixture until it's well combined and gooey.
Now, add the sprinkles. Mix again so they are evenly distributed.
Use a spatula to spread the marshmallow cereal mixture evenly on a large baking sheet covered with wax paper. Allow the mixture to cool down before cutting -- 20 minutes is ideal.
Next, use a heart cookie cutter to cut out heart shaped Rice Krispies. Press the cookie cutter firmly into the crispy cereal until you feel it hit the baking sheet. Then, wiggle the cutter until it separates from the cereal.
Gently pop the Rice Krispie treat hearts out of the cookie cutter, and place on another baking sheet or clean surface to dry.
Optional -- drizzle melted white chocolate or candy coating over the crispy treats. You can use a piping bag or plastic storage bag with a corner cut off for this.
Add even more sprinkles, jimmies on top of the melted chocolate before it dries.
How to Store
Store the Valentine's Rice Krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature. You can refrigerate these tasty treats, but it's not necessary unless your home is very warm.
These sweet treats stay fresh for about 1 week -- if they last that long! You can freeze the marshmallow treats for up to 3 months for best flavor.
Add a few drops of food coloring to make pink or red heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats. You can top the hearts with Valentine m&m candies if you like.
Dip half of each heart into melted chocolate or melted candy coating.
Make heart pops by inserting a stick into the bottom of each heart.
You can melt the marshmallows on the stove if you prefer.
Spray the spatula with non-stick cooking spray before using. It keeps the sticky marshmallow mixture from sticking to the spatula.
You can also spray the cookie cutter with non stick spray.
Don't make the hearts too thin. Keep the cereal mixture about ½ inch thick for best results, and lightly press it into the pan.
You can press the remaining cereal into a small pan, like an 8 x 8 pan, and cut the cereal treats into bars. Or, form the cereal mixture together and cut out more shapes.
Yes. You need 10 ounces of marshmallows for 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal. You can use 6 cups mini marshmallows, about 40 large marshmallows or about 15 jumbo marshmallows. You can weigh the marshmallows before using to be exact.
Let the Krispie treats cool for about 20 minutes before you cut them into shapes. If you try to cut them while they are too warm, they will be difficult to work with, and they won't hold their shapes.
Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or any crisp rice cereal
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Valentine sprinkles
- Melt marshmallows and butter in large microwaveable bowl in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30-second increment until melted
- When marshmallows are melted, stir in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cereal, one cup at a time, and mix well.
- When the cereal is fully mixed with the marshmallows, mix in sprinkles, and spread onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper
- When the mixture is slightly cool, press the cookie cutter firmly into the cereal until you reach the bottom of the baking sheet. Transfer the heart-shaped cereal treat to another lined baking sheet, and repeat the process
- Optional -- drizzle melted white chocolate over the Rice Krispies hearts and add additional sprinkles
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this fun Valentine's Day treat as much as we do. It's the perfect dessert for Valentine's Day parties!
If you do make this easy recipe, please leave a star rating and/or comment. For more easy dessert recipes and holiday recipes like Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats, be sure to follow on social media and sign up for the weekly newsletter.
Leave a Review