Valentine's Day Snack Mix is an easy recipe made with popcorn, pretzels, Valentine candy and white chocolate. A salty and sweet treat everyone will love!
Looking for a quick and easy treat for Valentine's Day? You can't go wrong with this salty and sweet snack mix!
This festive Valentine's Day snack mix is made with popcorn, pretzels, M&M's and cinnamon red hots all tied together with melted white chocolate and pink candy coating. Once you start munching, it's hard to stop!
We make Bunny Bait Snack Mix for Easter, Patriotic Pretzel Popcorn for the 4th of July, a Monster Munch Halloween Snack Mix and Christmas Crunch Snack Mix . So, of course I had to make a Valentine's snack mix for Valentine's Day!
You only need a few simple ingredients for this sweet and salty treat. They should be easy to find in your grocery store.
- Popcorn -- either make your own popcorn or use a bag of store-bought popcorn
- Pretzels -- mini pretzel twists
- Valentine's Day candy -- Valentine m&m's (red, pink or white m&m candies,) red hots or your favorite Valentine candy
- White chocolate -- white chocolate chips or white almond bark or white candy coating
- Pink candy melts -- candy coating
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles
How to Make Valentine Snack Mix
To make this easy treat even easier, I usually buy a bag of popcorn, like Boom Chicka Pop. We usually use most of the bag -- whatever fits on a large baking sheet.
First, spread the popcorn and pretzels on the baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Then, melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in your microwave according to package directions. I melt it in 15-second intervals, stirring after each 15-second increment until the white chocolate is melted.
Pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and pretzels, and mix with a rubber spatula until well coated.
Mix the Valentine m&m candies into the white chocolate mixture, and let it dry a little. The melted chocolate firms up as it drys.
Next, melt the candy coating, and drizzle the melted candy coating evenly over the coated popcorn. A fork works very well for this.
Sprinkle red hots and small candy sprinkles or jimmies over the candy coating. Then, let the snack mix sit until the chocolate firms up.
If you want to speed this part up, pop the popcorn into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
We've even placed this sweet and salty snack mix into the freezer, and it sets up super fast!
When the Valentine popcorn is firm, gently break the popcorn up into large chunks. Put it in a large bowl or serving bowl, and you're ready to snack!
The only problem with this festive snack mix is that it is so addicting. Seriously, once you start munching, it's hard to quit munching!
How to Store Valentine Day Popcorn
You can store the Valentine's Day popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature. If it's warm in your house, keep it in the fridge. This easy party treat will keep for about 1 week if it lasts that long.
You can use milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips instead of melted white chocolate. White candy melts or red candy coating are fine too.
Bugles, jelly beans, mini marshmallows or frosted circus animal cookies would be a great addition to this delicious snack mix.
If you want to make this fun snack for class parties or special treats, just place some of it in treat bags or small bags and tie with twist tie.
Valentine's Day Snack Mix
- 8 cups popcorn
- 3 cup mini pretzels
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 cup Valentine's m & m candies
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles or jimmies
- red hots optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper, and spread popcorn and pretzels evenly on baking sheet
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions, and use spoon to drizzle evenly over cereal and popcorn
- Stir so that mix is evenly coated, and spread out on baking sheet
- Drop m&m candies evenly over mixture
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Use a fork to drizzle it evenly over popcorn mix. Sprinkle cinnamon red hots, if using, and candy sprinkles over popcorn
- Stir, and allow to chocolate to set and mixture to firm up -- about 30 minutes -- before serving. Store covered in cool place.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this Valentine's popcorn as much as we do. It's the perfect treat for a Valentine's Day party or an after school snack!
If you do make this recipe, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more holiday recipes and easy family recipes, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.
First published in 2020 and updated in 2023.