2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls are made without yeast and need no rising time. These homemade cinnamon rolls are quick, easy, light and delicious!
If you like homemade cinnamon rolls but don't like all the work, you're going to love this super quick and easy cinnamon roll recipe! No waiting for the dough to rise -- just mix, roll, fill and bake!
We love making 2 ingredient bagels, but when my daughter decided to use the basic Weight Watcher's dough for cinnamon rolls, I was super skeptical.
Seriously, you guys, these quick and easy cinnamon rolls are amazing! They're light, airy and so good!
How Does 2 Ingredient Dough Work
You combine self rising flour with Greek yogurt. Baking soda in the flour helps it rise, and the yogurt makes the dough soft and pliable.
While the base dough is two ingredients, we added a little sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon to flavor the dough.
You can stick to the basic recipe if you want. We just felt that the dough needed a little something extra to taste more like cinnamon rolls.
How to Make Homemade Cinnamon Rolls without Yeast
Start by adding the Greek yogurt and the self rising flour to a large mixing bowl. Add some vanilla, sugar and cinnamon, and mix well.
This dough is different from yeast dough. So, if you've ever made traditional homemade cinnamon rolls before, don't worry that it doesn't look the same.
It will also be on the sticky side. You can add a little extra flour if needed.
Form the dough into a ball, then place it on a well-floured surface. You'll have to knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it's no longer sticky.
Roll the dough into a small rectangle. Then, spread the cinnamon filling over the dough.
Roll the dough over the filling. We found that using a knife or a dough scraper made this part easier and kept the dough from sticking.
Pinch the dough, and cut the roll into evenly into smaller rolls. You'll get about 8 to 10 rolls from this recipe.
Place the rolls into a buttered baking dish. Then, brush the tops with a little melted butter, and bake.
Bake Cinnamon Rolls in an Air Fryer Oven
The cinnamon rolls take about 25 minutes to 30 minutes in a regular oven. But, I wanted to try them in the air fryer.
I used my Instant Pot Omni Plus air fryer on the bake setting, and they took just 15 minutes! We're talking super quick and easy cinnamon rolls!
Top with you Favorite Frosting
We made a basic cream cheese frosting for the cinnamon rolls. And honestly, I thought they tasted as good as my regular cinnamon roll recipe. I
If you're following Weight Watchers, you can top with your favorite frosting recipe or use a light glaze. You can even eat these plain!
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 ¼ cup self rising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a small bowl
- Add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix well. Set aside
The Cinnamon Roll Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the self rising flour and yogurt, then add the sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon, and mix well
- Form dough into a ball. Dough will be sticky, so add more flour if necessary as you work the dough
- On a well-floured surface, knead the dough for about 2 minutes or until no longer sticky
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into roughly a 12-inch long rectangle
- Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the dough, leaving a 1 inch space around the edges
- Carefully roll the dough up tightly, starting at one of the longer sides, and pinch ends together when done
- Slice the roll evenly into smaller rolls. You should have 8 to 10 rolls when sliced
- Place into well greased pie pan or baking dish, and brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops and sides are firm and light brown
- Remove from oven, and top with your favorite frosting, glaze or leave plain
Air Fryer Oven Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 340 degrees. Bake the rolls for 15 minutes or until tops and sides are firm and rolls are light brown.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.