Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are crispy on the outside and tender inside, perfectly cooked in 12 minutes. Add Parmesan and bacon for an easy side dish for holidays or anytime!
Need a super quick and easy side dish? You can make the BEST Brussels sprouts in the air fryer in just 12 minutes!
I made these tasty little bites in my Instant Pot Omni Plus air fryer, but the basic air fryer recipe should work with any brand. If you're using a smaller air fryer, you may have to cook the Brussels sprouts in batches, but they take just a few minutes in a large basket or oven air fryer.
And if you think you don't like Brussels sprouts, you just might like them cooked this way. These sprouts are light and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and seasoned just right.
Honestly, these are the best Brussels sprouts I've ever tasted. Even my pickiest eater ate them without complaints. Seriously!
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
First, wash the Brussels sprouts, pat them dry, and cut off the thick stem. Next, cut them in half.
You may have to cut them in half again if they are super thick or large. Otherwise, the middle won't be tender enough.
Place the sprouts in a bowl, and pour some olive oil over them. Then, season with sea salt, pepper and a little garlic powder, and mix well.
Place the sprouts, cut sides up, in the air fryer tray or basket. Allow enough space so that the air can circulate. Otherwise, they may not cook evenly.
Preheat the air fryer to 385, then place the tray in the air fryer for 12 minutes. If you don't want to preheat your air fryer, that's fine, but keep an eye on the sprouts so they don't overcook.
The cook time may vary between air fryer models and brands. You may need more time if you're cooking a lot of sprouts or a little less time if you're cooking only a few.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan
If you want to take these babies to the next level, add cooked bacon and sprinkle on some freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving. It's optional but so dang good!
Sometimes, I pour a little maple syrup over the sprouts before serving -- yum! I'd recommend skipping the Parm, but maple and bacon were made for each other!
More Easy Vegetable Side Dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas
- Air Fryer Potatoes au Gratin
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Stove Top Glazed Candied Yams
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Acorn Squash
- Oven Roasted Veggies
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- air fryer
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts washed, dried, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch garlic powder optional
- Place the cut Brussels sprouts into a mixing bowl, and pour olive oil over them
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) all over, and mix well
- Place in a single layer, cut sides up, in air fryer basket or tray
- Preheat air fryer to 385 degrees. Use vegetable setting if your brand has that
- Place tray in air fryer, and cook for 12 minutes, or until crisp and crunchy on the outside and fork tender in the middle
- Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon and grated Parmesan over sprouts, if desired, and serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.