Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups with Barbecue Sauce take 20 minutes to make and are perfect for a quick and easy dinner, game day snack or party appetizer!
These easy ham and cheese crescent roll ups are loaded with deli ham, provolone cheese and barbecue sauce. They’re actually a variation of one of my most popular recipes, baked ham and cheese sliders with barbecue sauce, only they’re easier to eat!
You’ve probably seen similar recipes before. I know I have. But, the ham and cheese roll ups I’ve seen usually have Swiss cheese and, maybe, a honey mustard sauce for extra flavor. So, this version is just slightly different!
I was getting ready to make my go-to ham and cheese sliders for dinner the other day, but when I found an extra tube of crescent roll dough left over from making sriracha mummy dogs, I decided to try something different. Instead of making ham and cheese sandwiches, I made these hot ham and cheese roll-ups, instead.
Basically, all you do is take the crescent dough out of the tube and roll it out so that it’s one big rectangle. Then, you layer the cheese and ham, and you brush on the BBQ sauce.
Next, you roll the dough up into a log, and cut it up into smaller pieces. I made mine about 1-inch thick, but you can make the slices smaller or, even, larger if you want.
For a little extra flavor, I melted some butter, added a little bit of Italian seasoning and brushed this over the rolls. This is totally optional, but I think it makes the crescent rolls taste even better.
Here are a few tips for making the best baked ham and cheese roll-ups:
- Use thin layers of ham and cheese for even heating
- Don’t add too much cheese — roll-ups may be runny
- Use cold dough
- Let roll-ups chill before baking if your kitchen is too warm
The ham and cheese crescents take about 15 minutes to bake, and then, they’re ready to go! My family loves barbecue sauce, so I served the roll ups with some sauce on the side.
My kids like to dunk these bite-size BBQ roll-ups in the extra sauce, but honestly, they taste perfectly fine straight from the oven. Serve them for a quick dinner, snack or easy holiday party appetizers. But, you might want to make extras — they go fast!
Recipe for Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups with Barbecue Sauce
Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups with Barbecue Sauce
- 1 8-oz container refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 9 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 9 slices deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Open tube of dough, place on clean, flat surface and roll dough out with rolling pin to form one large rectangle
- Layer cheese evenly over dough
- Layer ham evenly over cheese, and brush with barbecue sauce
- Roll dough up tightly, and slice into 1-inch pieces
- Mix melted butter with Italian seasoning, and brush over sides and tops of rolls
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and firm
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping, if desired
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or just a super simple appetizer, give these baked ham and cheese roll ups with barbecue sauce a try. I hope you like them as much as we do!
Sharing this recipe at Weekend Potluck