Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Dip is an easy hot appetizer dip recipe made with seasoned hamburger meat, cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese. Whip up this hearty snack in minutes, and it's perfect for game day or holidays!
Taco dip is one of our favorite easy appetizers. It's super simple to prepare and it's creamy, cheesy and absolutely delicious. If you like ground beef tacos, you're going to love this cheesy dip recipe!
There are 2 ways to make this dip. You can make taco meat in your Instant Pot or the stove. You can also use leftover ground beef taco meat. We usually always have taco meat left over, and this is a terrific way to use it up!
If you only have a little bit of meat, you can add some black beans or refried beans to the mix. Yum!
How to Make Baked Cheesy Taco Dip with Ground Beef
First, cook the ground beef, and add homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning from the store. When the meat is done, spoon it into a prepared casserole dish.
If you're using leftover taco meat, heat it up first. Then, follow the directions for making the dip.
Then, mix cream cheese, shredded cheese and salsa together. No need to dirty another bowl -- just mix it up in the baking dish.
Now, spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish. Smooth it out with the spoon.
Then, sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top. You can use Mexican blend cheese, or you can shred your own.
Try a blend of cheddar, Colby Jack or Monterey Jack if you can. If you only have cheddar, that's fine, too!
Pop the dish into the oven, and bake until it's hot and bubbly. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
Finally, take the dip out of the oven, and let it cool down a little. That's it! Now, you're ready to dive into this hot and cheesy dip!
What to Serve with the Dip
Ground beef taco dip is very versatile. You can spice it up with chopped onions or jalapeño peppers. Add black beans or refried beans for extra protein. Then, serve it with your favorite taco toppings and chips:
Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Dip
- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- taco seasoning 1 packet or 3 tablespoons homemade
- .5 cups water or beef broth
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican blend or cheddar, Colby Jack or Monterey Jack
- ½ cup chunky tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground beef in a medium skillet until no longer pink, drain grease if needed
- Add taco seasoning and water, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat
- Add meat to greased 2 quart casserole dish, and mix in 1 cup shredded cheese, cream cheese and salsa
- Spread mixture evenly in dish, smooth with spoon, and top with remaining shredded cheese
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!