Easy Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip is spicy, creamy, cheesy and topped with bacon for extra flavor. The perfect hot dip for game day or parties!
If you're craving an easy, cheesy hot dip, this jalapeno popper dip is for you! And if you're a fan Instant Pot recipes, you'll love that you can make this hot dip recipe in your pressure cooker.
I love jalapeno poppers, but not everyone in the family does. You know who you are. So, this creamy, cheesy Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip is something we can all enjoy.
We're huge college football fans, so on game days, I like to make a bunch of easy appetizers and let everyone chow down. We usually make meatballs, Buffalo chicken dip, wings, jalapeno popper cups with bacon and whatever people request that day.
I like to make hot jalapeno popper dip with chicken so that it's more of a meal and not just a snack. And this chicken dip is quick and easy because you cook the chicken in the Instant Pot, shred it and bake the dip before serving. We're talking less than an hour here, folks!
Jalapeno popper chicken dip takes less than an hour to make, which means you can whip this up at a moment's notice -- perfect for a last-minute party dip!
How to make Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip
First, you cook the chicken in the Instant Pot. I like to throw in some diced jalapeno peppers -- fresh ones for extra flavor.
After the chicken is done, you shred it with an electric mixer. Then, you mix in cream cheese and sour cream.
This jalapeno popper dip recipe is made with sour cream and without mayo. Nothing against mayo, but I think the sour cream gives it a tangier flavor.
Add some cheese, more jalapeno peppers, and bake! Oh, and bacon -- It's not truly essential, but if you can, add it!
Because jalapeno popper dip with bacon is so. dang. delicious!
It's all about the cheese, so dig right in! So good!
Looking for more hot dip recipes?
Recipe for Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 3 or 4
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked, crumbled bacon -- if desired
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot, and season with minced onions, sea salt and garlic powder.
- Top with about half of the diced jalapeno peppers, reserving some for the topping later
- Cover, turn vent to Sealing, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes. After cook time, allow a 10 minute natural release, then do a quick release. When pin drops, open lid, and use a hand mixer to shred the chicken
- Gradually add the cream cheese, and mix until well combined. Stir in the sour cream, and mix well
- Spoon the chicken into a casserole dish, and stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and remaining diced jalapenos. Add crumbled bacon, if desired
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling. Serve immediately
I hope you enjoy this easy cheesy Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip as much as we do!