Easy Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip is spicy, creamy, cheesy and topped with bacon for extra flavor. The perfect hot dip for game day or parties!
If you're craving an easy, cheesy hot dip, this jalapeno popper dip is for you! And if you're a fan Instant Pot recipes, you'll love that you can make this hot dip recipe in your pressure cooker.
I love jalapeno poppers, but not everyone in the family does. You know who you are. So, this creamy, cheesy Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip is something we can all enjoy.
We're huge college football fans, so on game days, I like to make a bunch of easy appetizers and let everyone chow down. We usually make meatballs, Buffalo chicken dip, wings, jalapeno popper cups with bacon and whatever people request that day.
I like to make hot jalapeno popper dip with chicken so that it's more of a meal and not just a snack. And this chicken dip is quick and easy because you cook the chicken in the Instant Pot, shred it and bake the dip before serving. We're talking less than an hour here, folks!
Jalapeno popper chicken dip takes less than an hour to make, which means you can whip this up at a moment's notice -- perfect for a last-minute party dip!
How to make Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip
First, you cook the chicken in the Instant Pot. I like to throw in some diced jalapeno peppers -- fresh ones for extra flavor.
After the chicken is done, you shred it with an electric mixer. Then, you mix in cream cheese and sour cream.
This jalapeno popper dip recipe is made with sour cream and without mayo. Nothing against mayo, but I think the sour cream gives it a tangier flavor.
Add some cheese, more jalapeno peppers, and bake! Oh, and bacon -- It's not truly essential, but if you can, add it!
Because jalapeno popper dip with bacon is so. dang. delicious!
It's all about the cheese, so dig right in! So good!
Looking for more hot dip recipes?
Recipe for Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 3 or 4
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked, crumbled bacon -- if desired
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot, and season with minced onions, sea salt and garlic powder.
- Top with about half of the diced jalapeno peppers, reserving some for the topping later
- Cover, turn vent to Sealing, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes. After cook time, allow a 10 minute natural release, then do a quick release. When pin drops, open lid, and use a hand mixer to shred the chicken
- Gradually add the cream cheese, and mix until well combined. Stir in the sour cream, and mix well
- Spoon the chicken into a casserole dish, and stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and remaining diced jalapenos. Add crumbled bacon, if desired
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling. Serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy cheesy Instant Pot jalapeno popper chicken dip as much as we do!
This looks really yummy and I think I will make it for a Halloween party. Just have one question, Dee, I noticed that there is no liquid in this recipe. While I am fairly new to IP cooking, it has been my experience thus far that w/o liquid the pot cannot build up enough steam to come to pressure. Am I missing something? Thanks so much for your time and patience with an IP newbie.
Hi Angie. There is 3/4 cup water added -- it's in the actual recipe lower on the page. This is enough liquid for the 6 quart when combined with the juice you'll get from the chicken cooking -- actually more than enough. Hope this helps. 🙂
Miz Helen says
A perfect dip for game day! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, we sure enjoyed your post!
Allyson Zea says
Looks delicious! Total game day treat!
Jacque Hastert says
This dip has stole my heart!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
This would disappear in our house!
Such a delicious appetizer recipe!
Made this last night and it was awesome. Easy ingredients we have around the house all of the time!
Yea! So glad to hear you liked it, James!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
WOW, this sounds incredible!! Perfect for game day!
Thanks, Katerina. Can't wait for football season!
Carrie R says
Now this is what I call fast game day food! Love how ooey & gooey this dip is. 🙂
Thanks, Carrie! Great minds think alike! 😉
My husband loves this dish, he cannot get enough of it!
My husband is the same way, Amanda!
Mahy Elamin says
Wow, I want to eat it every day! I'm sure this is very tasty. This is a great recipe for me.
My kids already asked me to make it again! 🙂