Christmas Crunch Snack Mix with popcorn, pretzels, white chocolate and candy is a tasty treat perfect for the holiday season. This salty and sweet snack mix is always a hit at holiday parties and family movie night!
Easy Christmas Crunch Recipe
You can call this sweet and salty snack mix Christmas Crunch or Santa Munch or Christmas popcorn. It really doesn't matter. What's really important is that this easy treat is festive and absolutely delicious!
This salty and sweet snack mix is super easy to make and aways goes fast -- everybody loves it! Box it up, and you have a delicious gift for friends, neighbors and teachers!
We love munching on this festive Christmas Candy Crunch during the holidays, and I also serve it for my daughter's annual gingerbread house decorating party!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. Full amounts are in the printable recipe card below.
- Popcorn -- pop your own or use pre-made popcorn. You want to use plain popcorn without any extra flavors or extra butter for this recipe.
- Pretzels -- mini pretzels or pretzel twists are perfect.
- White chocolate -- You can use white chocolate chips or white almond bark or white candy coating.
- Candy melts -- to add a colorful ribbon to the mix
- M&M's and other holiday candy -- You can use mini marshmallows, red hots, red sprinkles and green sprinkles or your favorite Christmas candy.
You'll also need a sheet pan, wax paper or parchment paper and small bowls for melting the chocolate. Easy peasy.
How to Make Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix
First, spread the popcorn and pretzels on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions, and pour it evenly over the pretzels and popcorn. You can use a large bowl for this, but I find it easier to use the sheet pan and save a dish!
Use a spatula or spoon to mix everything together so that the pretzels and popcorn are evenly coated with the chocolate. Then, spread the mixture evenly on the sheet pan.
Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Then, drizzle it, one color at a time, over the popcorn mixture.
We used red and green candy melts, but you can use your favorite holiday colors here. You can also skip the candy melts if you want.
Add some seasonal M&M candies and any other festive Christmas candy to the mix. We also used cinnamon red hots, sprinkles and candies in different holiday shapes.
Pop the snack mix into the fridge until the melted chocolate dries. Then, break it apart, and you're ready to munch!
How to Store Christmas Crunch
Store the snack mix in an airtight container. I usually keep it in the fridge, because it is so warm here, but you don't have to if your kitchen is cool enough that the chocolate doesn't melt. This should keep for up to a week.
Use plain popcorn for best results -- not kettle corn or flavored popcorn. Also be sure to remove any un-popped kernels.
Always melt chocolate in the microwave in intervals, not all at once. You can use the double boiler on the stove if you prefer.
Allow the snack mix to set for a little bit before breaking it up. You can refrigerate it or do this at room temperature if your home is cool enough.
Allow to cool completely if you want to package the mix up in cellophane treat bags to share.
More Holiday Snack Mix Recipes
I have an easy snack mix recipe for just about every holiday. My White chocolate puppy chow is an easy holiday treat made with Chex Cereal. We make Bunny Bait for Easter, Patriotic Popcorn for the 4th of July, Monster Munch for Halloween, Fall Puppy Chow for fall and Valentines Day Snack Mix for Valentine's Day.
Christmas Crunch Snack Mix
- 8 cups popcorn
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 cup m & m candy
- Red candy melts melted
- Green candy melts melted
- Small holiday candies or sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper, and spread popcorn and pretzels evenly on baking sheet
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions, and use spoon to drizzle evenly over cereal and popcorn
- Stir so that the mixture is evenly coated
- Drop m&m candies evenly over mixture
- Melt candy coating according to package directions, and drizzle the melted red and green candy melts over the mixture, one at a time
- Sprinkle your favorite small holiday candies or sprinkles over the mix
- Allow the chocolate to set and mixture to firm up — about 30 minutes — before serving. Store covered in cool place.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
For more easy recipes and easy holiday treats your family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.
Recipe published in 2019 and updated in 2023.