Christmas Crunch Snack Mix is an easy holiday snack recipe made with popcorn, pretzels, white chocolate and candy. It's salty and sweet and perfect for munching!
You can call this sweet and salty holiday snack mix Christmas Crunch or Santa Munch. It really doesn't matter. What's really important is that it's easy, festive and absolutely delicious!
We love munching on this festive Christmas Candy Crunch during the holidays, and I also serve it for my daughter's annual gingerbread house decorating party!
This salty and sweet snack mix is super easy to make and aways goes fast -- everybody loves it! Box it up, and you have a delicious gift for friends, neighbors and teachers!
How to Make a Sweet and Salty Holiday Snack Mix
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this Christmas Crunch recipe:
- White chocolate
- Candy melts
- M&M's and other holiday candy
You'll also need a sheet pan, wax paper and small bowls for melting the chocolate. Easy peasy.
First, spread the popcorn and pretzels on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions, and pour it evenly over the pretzels and popcorn.
Use a spatula or spoon to mix everything together so that the pretzels and popcorn are evenly coated with the chocolate. Then, spread the mixture evenly on the sheet pan.
Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Then, drizzle it, one color at a time, over the popcorn mixture.
We used red and green candy melts, but you can use your favorite holiday colors here. You can also skip the candy melts if you want.
Add some holiday M&M candies and any other festive Christmas candy to the mix. We also used cinnamon red hots, sprinkles and candies in different holiday shapes.
Pop the snack mix into the fridge until the melted chocolate dries. Then, break it apart, and you're ready to munch!
How to Store Christmas Crunch
Store the snack mix in a covered container. I usually keep it in the fridge, but you don't have to if your kitchen is cool enough that the chocolate doesn't melt.
Christmas Crunch Snack Mix Recipe
Christmas Crunch Snack Mix
- 8 cups popcorn
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 cup m & m candy
- Red candy melts melted
- Green candy melts melted
- Small holiday candies or sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper, and spread popcorn and pretzels evenly on baking sheet
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions, and use spoon to drizzle evenly over cereal and popcorn
- Stir so that the mixture is evenly coated
- Drop m&m candies evenly over mixture
- Melt candy coating according to package directions, and drizzle the melted red and green candy melts over the mixture, one at a time
- Sprinkle your favorite small holiday candies or sprinkles over the mix
- Allow the chocolate to set and mixture to firm up — about 30 minutes — before serving. Store covered in cool place.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.