Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are soft, chewy and made with cake mix, so they’re perfect when you need holiday cookies in a hurry!
Have you started your holiday baking yet? I made a batch of our favorite chocolate chip cookies last week and some awesome peppermint fudge a few days ago. And before that, I whipped up some eggnog cookies and peppermint mocha cookies – whew! That’s a lot of baking! And, I’m still not done.
I’ve got plans to make some old world nut bread and nut horns, which are both family recipes, plus a few other goodies. But this last week was slightly challenging.
My little guy was home sick for a couple of days, the car was in the shop, and our dishwasher broke. Oh, those first-world problems! And of course, I’m trying to keep up with Christmas shopping– ’tis the season!
That’s why I love to use short cuts when I need to, like these very easy cake mix peppermint cookies. All you need is your favorite cake mix and a few other ingredients, and you’ve got a plate of gorgeous Christmas cookies!
I’m participating in The Sweetest Season, a fun virtual cookie exchange hosted by Erin at The Speckled Palate, and I’m bringing a big plate of these minty cookies! Pop over for a visit and some delicious cookie recipes!
These peppermint cookies are uber easy to make, and perfect when you don’t want to deal with a bunch of measuring cups and bowls because your dishwasher bought the farm in the middle of the busy holiday season! Sigh. They’re also perfect when you just need to make some easy no fuss, no muss cookies.
This recipe is similar to my peppermint mocha cookies. In fact, in addition to peppermint extract, I also used peppermint-flavored coffee creamer in place of milk, since we happened to be out of milk. But you can use either one here.
When the cookies were done baking, I added some chopped peppermint candies for added flavor, color and crunch. Just press them into the soft cookies. You can also do the same with extra white chocolate chips, just to make the cookies look as pretty as possible.
You can try adding the peppermint candies before you bake the cookies, but they may melt in the oven. Been there, done that, although they don’t look bad. If you do this, just add some more peppermint after the cookies bake.
How to Make Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk or peppermint coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- crushed peppermint candies or crushed candy canes
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and beat slightlyl
- Add the cake mix, melted butter, milk or coffee creamer and peppermint extract, and mix until well combined and slightly stiff
- Stir in the white chocolate chips
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are slightly firm
- Remove from oven and top with crushed peppermint candies and additional white chocolate morsels, if desired, while still warm. Transfer to baking rack or cool surface to cool completely
My kids and the Hubs loved these easy white chocolate peppermint crunch cookies, and like I said, they really are perfect when you need an easy holiday cookie recipe.