Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips are loaded with zucchini, bananas and lots of chocolate. They’re super easy to make and perfect for breakfast!
Hi friends! ‘Tis the season for zucchini consumption, and although we don’t have a garden, the Hubs stopped at the store the other day and brought an entire bag of the little green guys home. And yes, they were on sale!
Now, I really love grilled zucchini, but since we had so much to work with, I thought I would make something a little different. So, I baked up a batch of Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips, and let me tell you, they were the best!
Some of you might notice that I’ve been on a banana muffin kick lately. I think I’ve shared around five different banana muffin recipes in the last few months, and in fact, I wasn’t planning on talking about bananas any more. I didn’t want to drive y’all bananas — ha, ha.
But, we had a couple of very ripe bananas to use up, so it seemed natural to include them in the recipe.
So basically, I added some shredded zucchini to my go-to banana muffin recipe. And chocolate — lots of it. And extra cinnamon too. So this is slightly different from my other recipes, but it’s way better!
When the zucchini muffins were baking, the entire house was filled with the wonderful aroma of chocolate and cinnamon.
My teen Sleeping Beauty even came down for breakfast, which is something she normally avoids. I should also mention that she absolutely despises summer squash. I even caught her trying to hide some grilled zucchini under her plate the other day when she thought I wasn’t looking.
But our resident zucchini hater gave these muffins her stamp of approval.
And so did the rest of the gang!
How to Make Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas and grate the zucchini, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, and stir.
- Add the butter, milk, eggs, extract, bananas and zucchini, and mix well.
- The batter may still have some lumps, but don't over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and spoon batter into a greased muffin pan. I filled all 12 cups to the brim, and this produced some nice monster muffins.
- Add extra chips to the tops of the muffins, if you like, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until tops are firm and a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins.
With school coming up soon, I’ll probably be baking these zucchini banana muffins on the weekends so that the kids can enjoy them for an easy breakfast before class. It’s so nice to be able to grab a muffin on busy mornings.
You Might Also Like