Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken flavored with honey, garlic, soy and lime is an easy dinner made with chicken breasts cooked in a sweet and savory sauce.
If you're looking for simple Instant Pot chicken recipes, have I got a winner for you! This Instant Pot honey lime chicken recipe is light, fresh and bursting with flavor. And friends, you can seriously drink up the sauce!
I've been meaning to make honey lime chicken in the Instant Pot for a long time. We love it on the stove top! But, we're all about lighter Instant Pot recipes now that it's warmer out, so it seemed like the perfect time to try it in the pressure cooker.
Let me tell you right now, this chicken dinner is definitely kid and picky eater approved! My kids could not get enough of this honey lime chicken, and they all absolutely loved the sweet and savory sauce. Go me!
Serve honey lime chicken over Instant Pot jasmine rice and some veggies for a simple dinner. Or, you can skip the rice and serve it with just veggies. Easy peasy!
How to Make Honey Lime Chicken in the Instant Pot
You only need a few ingredients to make this quick and easy chicken recipe. And while it's not a dump and start recipe, it's super simple and easy enough for weekdays.
Saute the Chicken
Yes, it's an extra step, but browning the chicken first helps keep it juicy and gives it better texture and color. You'll be able to easily slice the chicken after pressure cooking it.
I made 4 chicken breasts, so I cooked 2 of them at a time. Just cover them and keep them warm on a plate until you're done with the saute step.
Always Deglaze the Pot
Add some chicken broth to the pot, and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom. This step prevents the burn notice from ruining your day!
Add the chicken and the remaining ingredients, and you're ready to pressure cook the chicken!
How Long to Pressure Cook Chicken Breasts
Pressure cook the chicken breasts for 6 minutes followed by a 10 minute release since they are partially cooked already. If you want to skip the saute step, pressure cook the chicken for 10 minutes with a 10 minute release.
After the chicken is done, I like to use the Saute setting again to boil the sauce and thicken it up a little. If you want thicker sauce, you can add a cornstarch slurry.
Then, spoon the amazingly delicious sauce all over the chicken before and after serving. Yum!
More Simple Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
Pin this recipe to save for later!
Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup low sodium, organic chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper
- Hit SAUTE on the Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil and brown the chicken breasts for about 2 minutes per side. You will probably have to do this in batches
- Transfer chicken to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm
- Add the chicken broth, and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon or spatula to remove any browned bits from the bottom
- Stir in the chopped garlic, lime juice and soy sauce, and hit CANCEL to turn pot off
- Place the chicken breasts back in the pot, add the garlic powder, honey and half of the lime zest. Place cover on pot
- Turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes. Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then will count down and cook
- When pot beeps, allow a 10 minute release, then turn vent to release remaining pressure. (Very little pressure is usually left, so your pot may fully release on its own)
- When pin drops, remove lid, then remove chicken to a clean platter, and cover to keep warm. Temperature should be 165 degrees, according to a meat thermometer.
- Hit Cancel, then SAUTE for about 5 minutes to thicken sauce, if desired. Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with remaining lime zest, and serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Instant Pot honey lime chicken as much as we do!