Kielbasa Sauerkraut Sliders loaded with smoked Polish sausage, sauerkraut and melted provolone cheese are perfect for an easy dinner or game day snack.
If you’re looking for a cheap, quick-fix dinner recipe, you’ll love these simple kielbasa sauerkraut sliders. They’re super easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes. They taste good, too!
I grew up eating Polish sausage, and today, it’s still one of my favorite comfort foods. It’s definitely an Eastern European thing, although even the Hubs, who is part Swedish, feels the same way. Kielbasa is so easy to work with, and it’s also pretty inexpensive, so it’s ideal for those times when you need a budget friendly meal.
If you like kielbasa as much as I do, I have more Polish smoked sausage recipes for you:
- Polish Sausage Dogs
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage Dinner
- Sheet Pan BBQ Smoked Sausage Dinner
- One Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini
- Haluski and Kielbasa
Even though I’ve been eating kielbasa forever, I was never a fan of pairing it with sauerkraut. Growing up, we almost always had it with fried potatoes — yum! My aunts, on the other hand, boiled the kielbasa with sauerkraut all in one pot. And my cousins absolutely hated it!
Granted, it wasn’t seasoned or anything, which probably makes a huge difference. So when I decided to cook kielbasa and sauerkraut together, I wanted to make it taste good enough for my kids to eat! I have picky eaters, so I know that if they like something, it’s definitely worth sharing!
Everyone loves sliders, so that part was easy. I just cut up the sausage, fried it for a little bit, and then I added the sauerkraut.
I’m a big fan of using spices, but I kept the seasoning simple this time. I just added some salt, pepper and a little bit of brown sugar to the sauerkraut.
So, after cooking the kielbasa and sauerkraut, you have a couple of choices here:
- Melt provolone cheese over the smoked sausage in the skillet and then make the sliders
- Add the sausage and sauerkraut to the buns, top with cheese and bake
I’ve made them both ways, and the only difference is that baking the sliders makes them a little bit crispier and prevents them from getting soggy. So, if you like soft buns, don’t bake them. It’s up to you!
Recipe for Kielbasa Sauerkraut Sliders
Kielbasa Sauerkraut Sliders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, kielbasa, sliced thin
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- Add olive oil and kielbasa to a large skillet, and cook over medium heat until kielbasa is browned
- Move kielbasa to sides of skillet, add sauerkraut to center of pan and season with salt, pepper and brown sugar
- Cook until sauerkraut is lightly browned, then remove from heat
- Add kielbasa slices evenly to small slider buns, then top with sauerkraut and provolone cheese
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts
I hope you enjoy these easy kielbasa sauerkraut sliders as much as we do!