This Sheet Pan BBQ Smoked Sausage Dinner with roasted potatoes and broccoli is super easy to prepare and ready in just 20 minutes! Even your pickiest eaters will eat this right up!
This quick and easy BBQ smoked sausage dinner recipe is a variation on one of my family's favorite meals -- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage Dinner. I make it a lot, and even though we love kielbasa as it is, I like to change things up every now and then.
So last week, instead of making the usual kielbasa and potatoes or kielbasa pasta, I did something slightly different -- I cut the smoked sausage into thin slices and slathered them with barbecue sauce. Granted, it's not rocket science or anything, but even the slightest change can make a difference.
In this case, that little change made a huge difference. My family loved the smoked sausage with BBQ sauce version even more than the original. Actually, even my pickiest eater would eat just about anything if I put barbecue sauce over it!
How to Make BBQ Smoked Sausage in the Oven
Even though the two recipes are similar, I had to make a few changes to the way the meal is prepared. Since the smoked sausage is cut into thin slices, it cooks in only a few minutes. So, it gets added at the very end of the recipe, along with a few broccoli florets.
The potatoes take the longest time to cook, so you start with them first. Just toss them with olive oil and spices and bake them on a sheet pan for about 15 minutes or until they're tender.
While the potatoes are baking, slice the kielbasa into thin pieces and coat them with barbecue sauce. You can use your own blend or your favorite store brand.
Then, you just add the kielbasa slices to the pan, along with the broccoli, and bake the entire thing for about five more minutes or until the meat is done and the broccoli is tender.
I added some shredded cheddar cheese to the potatoes at the end, but this is completely optional. We just happened to have some on hand, and cheddar goes so well with BBQ flavor. But like I said, you don't need it.
Meal Prep Tip!
I should also say that you can cut down on the prep time by having the potatoes and broccoli ready to go in advance. So, if you want to make this on say, Monday, prep the veggies on Sunday if you have some extra time.
Looking for more quick and easy kielbasa recipes? Check these out:
- Polish Sausage Dogs
- Kielbasa Sauerkraut Sliders
- Haluski and Kielbasa
- Creamy One Pan Kielbasa Tortellini
- Instant Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini
- Baked Kielbasa and Pierogies
- Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage
Sheet Pan BBQ Smoked Sausage Dinner Recipe
Sheet Pan BBQ Smoked Sausage Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small white potatoes, (about 3 cups) washed, and halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound smoked sausage (kielbasa) sliced thin
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil, and add olive oil
- Toss potatoes with the olive oil, and season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tender
- While potatoes are baking, slice kielbasa, and toss with barbecue sauce
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and add the kielbasa and broccoli
- Bake for about 5 more minutes, or until meat is hot and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle potatoes with cheddar cheese, if using, and serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this sheet pan BBQ smoked sausage dinner as much as we did!