No-Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream is a homemade frozen treat that’s loaded with bits of maraschino cherries. It’s easy to make, but it tastes like it comes from your favorite ice cream parlor!
I know I just posted a recipe for how to make no-churn ice cream last week, but my kids have this crazy plan to make a different flavor each week. Actually, it’s not that crazy. I mean, I love the stuff, and homemade is definitely better than anything you can get from the store. So, we shall see.
We made s’mores flavor ice cream last time, so this time around, I persuaded the kids to try something a little simpler. Personally, I like vanilla. I know, boring, right? So, vanilla is about as basic as you can get, but you can always add your favorite mix-ins and toppings to dress it up and make it not so boring. And, I think that if you can make a good vanilla, you can make just about anything.
But, the kids wanted something slightly more exciting, so we settled on cherry vanilla. My younger ones adore maraschino cherries, so they were all for this one!
This is also one of my dad’s favorite flavors, but it’s hard to find around here. He’s from Pittsburgh, and he used to always get cherry vanilla at a place called Isaly’s. Since Father’s Day is coming up, I thought it would be nice to try and re-create this flavor as a gift. Dad’s can be difficult to shop for, but they almost never turn down their favorite foods!
I’ve never tasted the kind served at Isaly’s, but I have had cherry vanilla before, and I was going off of that memory. I wanted the vanilla to stand out, so I added plenty of vanilla extract. I also wanted to make sure that there were plenty of cherries, so my daughter and I used an entire jar, and we took turns slicing them in half.
This can get messy, and you may end up with red fingers — just saying. But it’s all worth it in the end!
How to Make No-Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
No-Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup small jar maraschino cherries drained about 1
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream with a mixer until soft peaks form
- Place whipped cream in the refrigerator
- Blot the cherries on a towel, and cut in half
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into another bowl, and stir in the vanilla extract
- Fold in the whipped cream
- Gently stir in the sliced cherries
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish or narrow loaf pan, and place in freezer
- Freeze for about 4 to 6 hours or overnight
This no-churn cherry vanilla was a huge hit with our family. It’s smooth, creamy and has plenty of vanilla flavor. Plus, you get a burst of sweetness from the cherries with every bite — yum. I can’t wait to see what my dad thinks!
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!