This 3 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream recipe makes homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. No-churn Oreo ice cream (cookies and cream ice cream) is a quick and easy dessert for the whole family to enjoy.
If you've never made homemade ice cream before, now is the perfect time to try it. This no churn Oreo Ice Cream is super easy to make without an ice cream machine and without eggs or egg yolks. Best of all, this frozen dessert has a cool, creamy texture, and it's absolutely delicious!
My kids are huge ice cream lovers, but lately, it hasn't been easy finding their favorite flavors in the store. Not to worry, because it's actually easy to make your favorite ice cream right at home. We have been making easy homemade Oreo ice cream for years, and it turns out perfect every time!
More no churn ice cream recipes on the blog are S'mores Ice Cream, Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream and even Pumpkin Ice Cream. Cookies and Cream is one of the kids' favorite flavors, so my oldest daughter likes to make Halloween cookies and scream ice cream.
3 Simple Ingredients
You can find these simple ingredients in your grocery store if you don't have them at home already.
- Heavy whipping cream -- also called heavy cream. Do not use half and half or milk in this recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk -- Do not use evaporated milk as it's not the same thing.
- Oreo cookies -- or any sandwich cookie, any flavor. Double stuff cookies are fine.
I'll walk you through this easy recipe, along with some tips. The full recipe is in the recipe card below.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Recipe without an Ice Cream Maker
First, you'll need to partially crush some Oreo cookies and cut some in half for decoration. The best way to crush cookies is in a freezer bag using a rolling pin or the flat part of a meat mallet.
You can also crush cookies in a blender or food processor, but be careful not to crush them too fine.
My daughter likes to scrape some of the filling off the cookies to blend into the ice cream, but it's not necessary.
Then, beat the cold heavy cream in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed or medium high speed until stiff peaks form. You may want to keep a kitchen towel or paper towel handy, as little drops of cream tend to jump out of the bowl!
Next, pour the sweetened condensed milk into a separate large bowl. Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk.
Use a spatula for this part. You want to keep as much of the airy texture as possible.
Keep folding the mixture together until is well blended. Then, add the crushed cookies to the milk mixture.
Gently blend the crushed cookies and cookie crumbs with the milk. The cookies should be evenly distributed throughout the ice cream mixture.
After you mix in the chopped-up cookies, pour the mixture into a shallow bowl or loaf pan.
We like to add larger pieces of Oreo cookies on top of the ice cream. Extra cookies are a must for cookies and cream lovers!
Place the pan into the freezer.
How to Store and Serve Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Freeze the soft ice cream for at least 6 hours so that it's nice and firm. Overnight is even better!
Before serving, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes or until it's easy to handle. This will vary with how warm it is in your home.
You can make ice cream cones, ice cream sundaes with chocolate syrup -- yum or homemade Oreo ice cream sandwiches. Or, eat it plain -- no rules here!
Store leftover ice cream covered with freezer safe plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the freezer. You can also transfer it to an airtight container for up to 3 months for best taste.
It takes at least 6 hours for the ice cream to firm up. We usually leave it in overnight and enjoy it the next day! If your no-churn ice cream isn't firming up, it probably needs more time in the freezer.
Don't over mix the heavy cream. It goes from the soft peaks stage to firm peak stage quickly and does not need to be super thick for this recipe.
A bread pan or loaf pan is perfect for holding the ice cream. You can use a shallow bowl if you have room in your freezer.
It's not necessary to freeze the bowl before adding the heavy cream. Doing so may help it set faster, but since the ice cream will harden in the freezer, it really does not matter.
More Oreo Desserts
Easy Oreo Ice Cream (3 Ingredients)
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream Heavy cream
- 20 Oreo Cookies, broken into pieces Mixture of halved, quartered, and crushed; can use as many as you want really
- Break up Oreos and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the cold heavy whipping cream and some of the filling from the Oreo cookies, if desired.
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks barely form. Do not over mix.
- Carefully spoon the whipped cream into the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk in it
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk until fully combined. Gently mix in the crushed Oreo cookies and crumbs
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and top with additional Oreo pieces if desired.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight) before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy homemade Oreo ice cream recipe as much as we do. If you do try this Oreo cookie ice cream, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more easy recipes and easy desserts, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.
Recipe published in April 2020 and updated in May 2023.