Skillet Glazed Apricot Chicken is a quick and easy 30 minute dinner made with your favorite apricot jam and just a few other ingredients. Your family will love it!
I know I've said this before, but we eat a ton of chicken for dinner. So, I'm always looking for new chicken recipes to make, or more accurately, new ways to disguise chicken so that my family will eat it! Okay, so it's not as bad as that, but you get the idea.
And actually, the idea for this apricot chicken came to me when I was trying to come up with a different way to cook chicken. My son wanted me to make his favorite one pan chicken bacon ranch pasta, and my daughter requested chicken with barbecue sauce.
Hmm. Potential sibling argument here, and I really wasn't in the mood for pasta. Instead of choosing sides, I did the smart mom thing and made something completely different, instead!
We had a jar of apricot preserve in the fridge, so I just mixed that with a few other ingredients, and the result was a simple but completely delicious chicken dinner. It was definitely a winner! And the kids loved it so much that they didn't mind not getting their first choices. Go me!
Here are a few other simple chicken recipes you can make for dinner:
- Enchilada Chicken Bake
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
- Skillet Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
I call this a simple chicken dinner because that's exactly what it is. It's not a one dish pasta dinner or a sheet pan dinner with veggies. It's just chicken by itself.
The beauty of this skillet glazed apricot chicken is that you can serve the chicken over rice, pasta, quinoa or even have it with salad. I served the chicken over couscous, and we had salad as a side dish.
The chicken is ready in a little less than 30 minutes, so it's perfect for busy weeknights. Just drizzle that amazing apricot sauce over the chicken when you plate it, and dinner is served.
How to Make Skillet Glazed Apricot Chicken
Skillet Glazed Apricot Chicken
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- Season the chicken evenly with sea salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the apricot jam, mustard, garlic powder and minced onions together, and set aside
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side on medium high heat
- Remove chicken from skillet, place on a plate, and cover with foil
- Add the orange juice to the pan, and stir well to deglaze and remove any brown bits
- Stir in the apricot jam mixture, and heat until bubbling
- Add the chicken back to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until chicken reaches internal temperature of 160 degrees, according to meat thermometer. Spoon glaze over chicken while cooking and when serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
If you're looking for a delicious quick and easy dinner, I hope you'll give this skillet glazed apricot chicken a try.
Shared at Weekend Potluck