Instant Pot Cranberry Chicken made with chicken breasts, cranberry sauce and salad dressing is a super easy pressure cooker dinner ready in about 30 minutes! Just add everything to the pot, and cook!
This quick and easy chicken dinner is budget friendly and perfect for busy weeknights. If you like simple dump and start Instant Pot recipes with few ingredients, you'll love this cranberry chicken!
Not only is this chicken recipe easy to make, but it also tastes incredibly delicious! We're talking lick-the-plate-clean good!
My family inhaled this easy Instant Pot dinner, and even my pickiest eater said she'd eat it again. Seriously.
What You'll Need
You only need a few ingredients to make cranberry chicken, and you might just have most of them in your pantry!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Catalina or Russian salad dressing
- Whole berry cranberry sauce
- Onion soup mix or a homemade seasoning blend
- Optional cornstarch slurry
How to Make Cranberry Chicken in the Instant Pot
First, place the chicken breasts into the pressure cooker liner. Then, sprinkle the dry soup mix or seasoning mix over the chicken.
I make my own seasoning blend to cut down on the sodium levels, but either will work. Whatever is easiest for you!
Next, pour the salad dressing over the chicken. Then spoon the whole berry canned cranberry sauce on top.
You'll also have to add a little water to help the pot reach pressure. Don't stir everything together -- You can stir after it cooks.
Allow the chicken to release naturally for 10 minutes after pressure cooking. Then, remove the chicken, and stir the sauce.
For a thicker sauce, you can make a cornstarch slurry and stir it in while the pot is on saute mode. Then, pour it over the chicken, and you're ready to eat!
What to Serve with the Chicken
This recipe makes a lot of sauce, which is good because it's awesome! You can even add more chicken without changing the sauce.
Instant Pot Cranberry Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Cranberry Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1.5 pounds to 2 pounds. Can use 6 without changing ingredients
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions or use 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix instead of homemade seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Catalina or Russian dressing
- 14 ounces can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ cup water
- Place the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot pressure cooker, and sprinkle the soup mix OR the sea salt, garlic powder, minced onions and pepper over the chicken
- Pour the dressing over the chicken, then spoon the cranberry sauce on top
- Pour the water over the chicken mixture, Do Not Stir, then place the lid on the pot
- Make sure valve is on sealing position, then hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes. Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then will begin counting down and cook
- Allow a 10 minute natural release, then quick release remaining pressure. When pin drops, carefully open lid and stir.
- Optional -- For thicker sauce, remove chicken to platter, and cover. Then mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch with 1 tablespoon of cold water in a small bowl. Hit Saute, and when the sauce starts to bubble, stir in the cornstarch slurry, and cook until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve