Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken is an easy crock pot recipe with chicken, onion soup mix, canned cranberry sauce and Catalina dressing. This easy dinner is perfect for busy weeknights because your slow cooker does all of the work!
If you are looking for an easy fall dinner to make in your crockpot, try this easy crock pot cranberry chicken.
This is honestly one of the easiest crock pot chicken recipes ever. Just add everything to your slow cooker, and dinner is ready when you are.
Cranberry sauce adds delicious fall flavor to this easy meal, but you can enjoy this easy recipe any time of the year. My whole family loves this delicious dinner, so we have it several times throughout the year or whenever someone is craving comfort food!
Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Ingredients
These simple ingredients should be easy to find in your grocery store if you don't have them in your pantry. You can find the exact amounts in the printable recipe card below.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast -- Skinless chicken thighs will also work.
- Onion soup mix -- Lipton onion soup or any brand. This has plenty of seasoning so nothing else is needed. You can add salt and pepper to taste when serving.
- Catalina salad dressing -- Makes a nice tangy sauce. You can sub BBQ sauce or French dressing or Russian dressing.
- Whole berry cranberry sauce -- This is a little thicker than jellied cranberry sauce and has whole cranberries for texture and presentation. You can use the jellied variety if that's what you have. If you make your own cranberry sauce, you can use leftover cranberry sauce in this recipe.
How to Make 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken Recipe
First, spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. You can use a crock pot liner if you have those.
Next, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, pour the cranberry mixture on top of the chicken.
Spread the sauce evenly over the chicken pieces. Make they are completely covered in sauce, and place the cover on the crock pot.
Cook the chicken for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees when tested with a meat thermometer.
Total cook time may vary with different brands and sizes of slow cookers.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Cranberry Smothered Chicken
You can serve the chicken pieces whole or shred the chicken and mix it in with the sauce. I have served it both ways, and they are equally delicious.
We love this comforting meal over mashed potatoes or white rice or brown rice. It is also good with stuffing and green beans if you are looking for an easy Christmas dinner or small Thanksgiving dinner.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate leftover cranberry chicken in an airtight container for up to 4 days. This easy chicken recipe makes a great freezer meal and freezes well for up to 3 months.
Reheat individual portions in your microwave. If you have a lot of leftovers, you can heat them in the oven or slow cooker.
If you want to sweeten the tangy cranberry sauce, add a tablespoon or 2 of brown sugar or orange marmalade or orange juice.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you liked this chicken dinner, try my slow cooker Olive garden chicken pasta or my slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole or my easy slow cooker pineapple teriyaki meatballs, and browse even more easy crock pot recipes.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, add the soup mix, cranberry sauce and the Catalina dressing together, and mix until well combined
- Place chicken into the slow cooker, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, spreading evenly over chicken so that the meat is completely covered
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low or until the internal temperature is 165° according to meat thermometer
- Serve the chicken whole or shred chicken and let simmer with sauce until serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
For more easy recipes your family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.