White Chocolate Dipped Oreos covered in candy coating are the perfect treat for Valentine's Day, Christmas or an easy dessert anytime.
One of my favorite quick and easy treats is cookies dipped in milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate. If you are short on time or energy and need a quick dessert, this is the way to go.
These easy white chocolate dipped Oreos are perfect for Valentine's Day. The kids and I make them every year. But you can make white chocolate Oreos for any special occasion by changing the color of the candy coating or sprinkles. Try Halloween Oreo Pumpkins or Oreo Turkey Cookies and Oreo Cake Balls for easy Christmas cookies.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. They should be easy to locate in your grocery store. Full amounts are in the printable recipe card below.
- Oreo Cookies -- I use the regular package of Oreos, but Double Stuff or any flavor works. You can use a generic version of a chocolate sandwich cookie, as well.
- Melting Wafers -- also called candy coating, meltables or candy melts. You can sub white chocolate chips or almond bark for the white candy melts, but the wafers work best. I used both white and pink wafers for these cookies.
- Holiday sprinkles -- to decorate the cookies. You can also drizzle a different color of candy coating over the dipped cookies.
You will also need a microwave-safe bowl or multiple bowls, a fork, cookie sheet and wax paper or parchment paper.
How to Make White Chocolate Covered Oreos
First, place the wafers in the bowl. Follow the directions on the package to melt the wafers in the microwave. Generally, I melt the wafers in 30 second increments , stirring after each interval until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Then, place a cookie on a fork. Dip cookie into the melted chocolate, and tap the side of the bowl to let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
Place the cookie on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until all of the cookies have been coated in the melted white chocolate. Top with sprinkles before the coating hardens.
If you want to drizzle a different color of melted chocolate over the cookies, use a fork or a piping bag to drizzle different colors on top of the cookies.
How to Store White Chocolate Dipped Cookies
Allow the chocolate coating to dry completely. Then, place cookies in an airtight container. You can keep them at room temperature or in the refrigerator if your house is warm. They keep fresh for around 2 weeks -- if they last that long!
Recipe Tips and Variations
You can use a double boiler to make white chocolate-covered Oreos if you don't have a microwave. Always microwave chocolate or wafers in increments. This prevents the chocolate from seizing.
If you don't have different colors of candy coating, use food coloring to tint white chocolate the desired color.
Be sure to add sprinkles or candies to the chocolate before it hardens. You can go back and drizzle chocolate to the cookies that don't have sprinkles. You can also add candy sprinkles directly on the drizzled chocolate before it dries.
More Easy Valentine's Day Desserts
White Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- 1 package Oreo sandwich cookies about 40 cookies
- 1 package white chocolate candy melts
- 1 package pink candy melts
- holiday sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions. I recommend 30-second increments, stirring after each increment
- Use a fork to dip the cookies into the melted coating so that they're fully covered, and let excess chocolate drip back into bowl
- Place cookies on wax paper-lined baking sheet
- Decorate with seasonal sprinkles or candies. Or use a fork or piping bag to drizzle melted chocolate on top of the dipped cookies.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
For more easy dessert recipes and easy recipes your family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.
Recipe first published in 2015 and updated in 2024.