Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Treats are super easy for kids to make and fun to eat. Serve them as party food or a quick dessert. Beware — they disappear fast!
Every year, the kiddos and I like to make quick and easy treats for Halloween. In the past, we’ve made Halloween Candy Bark, Halloween Marshmallows, Halloween Candy Coated Pretzels and super easy Halloween cake mix cookies. So when we were talking about what fun foods to make for Halloween this year, my daughter suggested these cute Oreo pumpkins. They’re super simple, and you only need 3 main ingredients to make them:
- candy melts
- Oreo sandwich cookies
- mini chocolate chips.
And really, you can use any kind of sandwich cookie here. We used Halloween Oreos because that’s what we had. My youngest daughter actually hid a package from her siblings because she didn’t want them to eat the cookies before we could make the treats! That’s happened before — many, many times!
So, after you bring out your hidden cookies, you’re ready to make the pumpkins. I guess they’re really Jack-O-Lanterns, but it’s easier to write Halloween pumpkin, so that’s what we’re sticking with today.
Anyhoo, here’s how you make the Oreo pumpkins. First, you melt the candy coating. Then, you dip the cookies and let them dry.
Next, add the mini chips to make the face. We did a few this way, and then we started adding some orange-colored sugar sprinkles for a little extra sparkle.
When the cookies are dry, they’re ready to eat! That’s it. How easy is that?!
We also made a few mummies and monsters. I almost like the mummies more, but they’re all super cute — and super delicious, too!
Here are a few tips for making candy coated treats:
- Separate the colors into small bowls, and heat in the microwave in short increments
- Set treats on a wax paper-lined plate for easy removal and clean-up
- Allow the coating to partially set before adding decorations
- Refrigerate to speed up drying time
How to Make Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Treats
Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Treats
- 1 package Oreo sandwich cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 2 packages orange candy melts (or a combo of colors)
- mini chocolate chips
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions
- Dip the cookies into the melted coating so that they're fully covered
- Place cookies on wax paper-lined plates
- Allow to partially set, then add mini chocolate chips to make the face and colored sugar (if desired)
If you make these Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Treats, let me know how they turn out!