Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos stuffed with scrambled eggs, sausage, peppers and cheese are quick and easy to make and easy to reheat. Perfect for meal prep!
Scrambled egg burritos are loaded with scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese and bell peppers. They're easy to make ahead of time and reheat when you need them, so they're perfect for meal prep.
We've been making breakfast burritos for ever. I just turned my family's favorite recipe for sausage and egg breakfast burritos into an air fryer recipe, and you know what? We like the air fryer burritos better!
How to Make a Breakfast Burrito
Burritos are super easy to make, but you do need to roll them the right way. Otherwise, the filling might fall out when you're air frying them. If you don't know how to make a burrito, just follow these easy steps!
You'll need to cook the sausage and scrambled eggs first. Then, you can start making the burritos. Just add the sausage, eggs and some cheese to the center of a large tortilla.
Next, fold the sides of the tortilla in so that they partially cover the filling. Note -- it's easier to fold the tortilla when it's fresh. So if you can, start with a new package.
Then, fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling. You want to tuck and roll the tortilla tightly and end with the seam on the bottom.
How to Cook Breakfast Burritos in the Air Fryer
Spritz a little bit of olive oil spray over the burrito, and pop it into the air fryer for 3 minutes. You get crispy breakfast burritos without using a ton of butter or oil -- works for me!
Note -- There's only one burrito in the picture, but I was able to cook 3 at a time. Your mileage may vary with what brand of air fryer you have.
Can You Make These Burritos in Any Air Fryer?
This recipe should work with any air fryer, although the cooking time may vary with different brands. I made these burritos in my Ninja Air Fryer, but I just ordered the new Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer, and I'm definitely going to be making these crispy burritos in that next!
UPDATE! I tried the new Vortex, and while I love that I can cook more burritos at one time, I found that I had to adjust the cook time to only 2 minutes and rotate the trays about halfway through cooking. I love the texture of the tortilla in the Vortex air fryer better -- It's a little crispier and flakier -- closer to deep fried.
Pin to save the recipe!
Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- air fryer
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs beaten together
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 flour tortillas burrito size
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese or use your favorite cheese
- Crumble and cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown. Stir in chopped peppers. Drain grease, place sausage on paper towel-lined plate, cover and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mostly set and no longer runny
- Stir in cooked sausage, then remove from heat
- Add some of the egg and sausage mixture to the middle of a tortilla, top with some of the cheese, fold sides, and roll up
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- Spray burritos lightly with olive oil spray
- Place as many burritos as will fit into the air fryer or Instant Pot Vortex trays, and cook for 3 minutes at 390 degrees for basket air fryers and 2 minutes in the Vortex, rotating trays halfway through. For extra dark or crispier burritos, cook for 3 minutes in the Vortex
- Remove and serve immediately, or allow to cool slightly, then wrap well and freeze for meal prep
I hope you enjoy these crispy breakfast burritos as much as we do!