Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are made with cake mix and on the table in 30 minutes. They’re perfect for a quick fall breakfast, brunch or snack!
I’ve been making these super easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for ages. They’re made with cake mix and no oil or eggs, so they’re low in calories but big on flavor. In fact, these cake mix pumpkin muffins are so simple that my youngest daughter has completely taken over making them.
If you’re wondering why you should use a cake mix to make muffins, let’s just say that sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do! But you probably already know that, right?!
In my case, we just moved all seven of us, plus our two fur kids into a new home. And even though I tried to be as organized as possible, we’re still unpacking and decorating and all that good stuff. In fact, I just started making real dinners again after waaay too many nights eating take out!
Shh, don’t tell anyone, though, okay?
So when my daughter wanted to make her favorite pumpkin cake mix muffins for breakfast this weekend, I told her to go for it! No apologies here!
Like a lot of you, we get a little obsessed with pumpkin recipes this time of year, especially when it comes to breakfast. Here are some of our favorite easy breakfast recipes made with pumpkin:
Anyway, back to the muffin recipe. These are basically two ingredient muffins, and you only need cake mix and pumpkin puree to make them.
But, you can make them taste even better by adding a few chocolate chips and a little cinnamon and nutmeg. And that’s exactly what we do with these. My daughter even added some fall candy sprinkles and a few extra chocolate chips on the top.
Because, you can never have too much chocolate, right? These muffins should satisfy your pumpkin craving, but if not, check out these 12 Super Easy Pumpkin Recipes. ‘Tis the season!
Recipe for Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 15-oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- fall candy sprinkles and extra chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment/paper muffin liners
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin puree until fully combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Fill muffin cups evenly with batter, and top with fall sprinkles and additional chocolate chips, if desired
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffins come out clean
I hope you get a chance to try these easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this fall!