This Easy Buffalo Chicken Casserole recipe combines cooked chicken with pasta and frozen vegetables baked in a creamy cheesy sauce. An easy dinner recipe the whole family loves!
If you like Buffalo chicken dip, you are going to love this creamy Buffalo chicken casserole. It's basically everyone's favorite chicken dip in casserole form.
This is an easy weeknight dinner that comes together quickly with a few minutes of prep time and takes less than 30 minutes to bake.
I use rotisserie chicken for convenience and frozen veggies to make it a complete meal.
Tender chunks of chicken, pasta and lots of cheese in a creamy Buffalo sauce. This is definitely comfort food that is hearty and delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Bake Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy chicken bake. They can be found in your local grocery store. Full amounts are in the printable recipe card below.
- Cooked chicken -- I love rotisserie chicken, but you can use leftover chicken.
- Pasta -- I love rotini since it holds the delicious sauce. Penne pasta or any short pasta also works.
- Buffalo wing sauce -- This is less spicy than regular hot sauce, but use what you like.
- Cream cheese -- the base for the creamy sauce. Room temperature cream cheese is better for mixing.
- Ranch dressing -- For flavor and helps tone down the heat. Use homemade ranch dressing or your favorite brand.
- Cheese -- Use a blend of shredded cheese or sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Frozen veggies -- thawed, to complete the meal. Chopped broccoli would be a great substitute!
There is a lot of flavor in the sauce ingredients, so I don't add extra spices. You can add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper if you like.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Casserole
First, you will need to cook the pasta according to package directions. You can chop or shred chicken while the pasta cooks.
Mix the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the ranch and wing sauce, and mix until creamy.
Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Then, mix the cooked pasta with the chicken, veggies, some of the cheese and sauce in the baking dish.
You can also mix it in a large bowl if you want.
Make sure the casserole ingredients are coated with the creamy sauce mixture.
Then, top the casserole off with more cheese. I don't think you can ever have too much cheese on a pasta bake!
Bake the Buffalo ranch chicken casserole in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until this cheesy casserole is bubbly, golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Let the casserole sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
I like to add some chopped celery on top of the cooked casserole. Chopped green onions or blue cheese crumbles would also be delicious.
All you need is a simple side salad, crusty bread or homemade garlic bread to complete this delicious chicken dinner.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate leftover casserole within 2 hours for safety. It should keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container or in the casserole dish covered with plastic wrap.
For longer storage, you can freeze the chicken casserole in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
You can reheat individual portions in the microwave and larger portions in the oven -- I usually add a little extra cheese when reheating.
If you don't have cooked chicken on hand, you make your own baked chicken breasts.
I like to place the frozen veggies in a colander in the sink and drain the cooked pasta over them -- a quick and easy way to thaw frozen vegetables!
This delicious pasta recipe makes a lot. You can halve the amount of pasta if you like.
If you are one of those people who don't believe ranch goes with Buffalo chicken, use blue cheese dressing, instead. You can also use cream of chicken soup instead of salad dressing.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Easy Buffalo Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped into bite size pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup frozen vegetables thawed
- 3 cups cheddar blend cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and coat 13x9 baking dish with non stick spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a mixing bowl, cream the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy
- Add the wing sauce and ranch dressing, and mix until well blended
- Add the chicken, cooked pasta, veggies, sauce mixture and 1 cup cheese to the prepared baking dish, and mix until well coated with sauce. Spread evenly in dish
- Top with remaining 2 cups cheese, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top with chopped celery or green onions if desired
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
For new recipes, cozy casserole recipes and more easy recipes with chicken, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.