Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are made with boneless chicken breast bites dunked in hot sauce and panko bread crumbs. An easy appetizer or quick dinner!
We just bought an air fryer, and I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with easy air fryer recipes, like these Buffalo chicken nuggets! I usually make homemade chicken nuggets and Buffalo chicken bites in the oven, but they’re super quick and easy in the air fryer!
At first, I was skeptical about cooking chicken in the air fryer, but it really does a great job. The chicken gets super crispy but stays juicy inside. Plus, you don’t have to heat up the house when you make these airy fryer chicken nuggets!
These Buffalo chicken bites are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and they would be amazing as a game day appetizer. Pass the ranch, and enjoy!
How to Make Crispy Buffalo Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer
These crispy Buffalo chicken nuggets are super easy, and you only need a few ingredients to make them. These are made without flour, eggs or lots of oil, so they’re lighter than fried Buffalo chicken wings or boneless wings, but they’re just as delicious!
Tips to Make Breaded Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Set ingredients out in an assembly line
- Use a zip-top bag for easy breading
- Have a platter or baking sheet ready to place the breaded nuggets on before air frying
- Have a clean plate or platter ready for the cooked nuggets
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, roughly 2 inches long. Then, dip the chicken into the Buffalo sauce.
Coat the chicken pieces with seasoned panko breadcrumbs. I use a zip-top bag for this step.
Spritz the chicken with olive oil spray, and place into the air fryer basket. You will have to do this in batches so that the chicken browns evenly.
How Long to Cook Breaded Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
I cooked the chicken for 8 minutes at 390 degrees. Times may vary with different air fryer brands. Just make sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
My family inhaled these crispy chicken bites! They’re spicy but not super spicy, so even my kiddoes liked them. If you want to add extra spice, you can add extra Buffalo sauce at the end.
Pin this recipe to save it!
May contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure for info.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Melt the butter and the hot sauce in a shallow bowl
- Place the panko breadcrumbs, sea salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper in a shallow bowl or zip top bag and mix together
- Dip the chicken into the Buffalo Sauce, shake off excess, and dip chicken into breadcrumbs, pressing to make sure crumbs stick. You may have to do this in batches
- Place chicken on a baking sheet or plate, and spray with olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer, and set temperature to 390 degrees
- Add chicken to air fryer basket in single layer, and cook for 8 minutes, pausing and turning over halfway through the cooking process
- Remove chicken from air fryer, and serve or keep warm to finish cooking all of the chicken. Chicken should be at least 165 degrees when done, according to meat thermometer
I hope you enjoy these easy crispy Buffalo Chicken bites as much as we do!