Caramel Apple Dump Cake is an easy dessert made with yellow cake mix, apple filling and caramel bits and baked until golden brown and delicious. This easy recipe makes the perfect fall dessert!
The Best Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
This easy apple dump cake recipe is the perfect dessert for caramel apple lovers.
Filled with tender bites of apples and a gooey caramel layer under a buttery crust, this delicious dessert is sure to be a family favorite!
This easy dump cake recipe is one of the easiest desserts you can make, and it's easy to transport. So it's perfect for family dinners and fall gatherings and potluck dinners. Everyone will be asking for this easy dessert recipe!
Love apple desserts? Try my apple crisp without oats -- homemade with fresh apples from scratch! You may also like slow cooker apple cobbler -- made in the crock pot. Or, crescent roll apple dumplings and even more easy desserts!
Easy Caramel Apple Cake Ingredients
You can find the simple ingredients for caramel apple dump cake in your grocery store or online.
- 2 cans apple pie filling -- any brand
- Box cake mix -- Yellow, vanilla cake mix or white cake mix. You can use spice cake mix, but I personally think the mix without extra spice pairs better with the sweet caramel filling.
- Butter -- I use sliced butter in dump cakes, but you can use melted butter if you like.
- Cinnamon -- optional, but adds a little extra fall flavor
- Caramel bits -- usually located in the baking aisle. Sub wrapped caramel candies that are sliced in half or caramel syrup.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dump Cake with 4 Ingredients
First, preheat the oven, and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non stick spray.
Next, pour apple filling into the prepared baking dish. Spread the apples evenly on the bottom of the baking dish with a spatula.
Sprinkle cinnamon over the filling. Then, sprinkle the bag of caramel bits on top of the apple layer.
If you want less caramel, use half of the bag. Using the whole bag of caramel is perfect, though!
Make sure you spread the caramel evenly over the apples.
Pour the dry cake mix over the layer of caramel candy. Use a knife or spatula to spread it in an even layer.
Then, place the butter slices on top of the cake mix in even rows.
Bake the dump cake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
How to Serve Dump Cakes
Dump cakes are best served warm with a scoop of ice cream, and this fall dump cake is no exception!
We like to drizzle a little extra caramel syrup on top of the ice cream -- perfect!
How to Store Caramel Dump Cake
Store this delicious cake at room temperature in an airtight container or in the baking dish covered with plastic wrap. It should keep for a day or 2 days -- it if lasts this long!
You can refrigerate the caramel dump cake if your house is warm or if you prefer a chilled cake for up to 4 days. Freeze in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months for best results.
To cut this easy dessert recipe in half, use 1 can of pie filling, 1 cup caramel and half a box of cake mix and enough butter to cover the cake mix. Bake in an 8 x 8 pan.
Don't follow the recipe on the box of cake mix. Use the dry cake mix only and the ingredients called for in the recipe card.
For more apple pie flavor, sprinkle a teaspoon of apple pie spice over the apples.
More Easy Dump Cake Recipes to Try
I have lots of recipes for dump cakes on the blog! Just vary the fruit fillings and use different cake mix.
- Apple pie filling dump cake -- a slightly different recipe than this one made with spice cake mix and not as sweet.
- Pumpkin dump cake -- made with pumpkin pie filling
- Chocolate cherry dump cake -- an easy black forest cake!
- Strawberry dump cake -- with strawberry pie filling
- Peach dump cake -- with canned peaches
- Blueberry dump cake -- with blueberry pie filling and lemon zest
- Lemon dump cake -- made with lemon curd or pie filling
- Pineapple dump cake -- with crushed pineapple
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1 bag caramel bits
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1½ sticks butter cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or non-stick spray
- Spoon apple pie filling into the baking dish, and spread evenly over bottom of baking dish with spatula. Sprinkle ground cinnamon over pie filling, if using
- Pour bag of caramel on top of the apples
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pie filling, and spread with a spatula or knife so that it completely covers the apple filling
- Place pats of butter in neat rows over cake mix, and bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
If you make this easy apple dessert, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more easy dessert recipes and easy fall recipes, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.