I came across a recipe for peach cake a few years ago, and now that there’s Pinterest, I know that it’s commonly called peach dump cake! Well, that sounds slightly less appetizing, although it pretty much describes the recipe to a T. I don’t make it that often, so I think it’s fine to cut corners when you want a quick and easy dessert. And, it’s easy enough for the little kids to help make.
Basically, you just dump the peaches into a baking dish, and add a little bit of cinnamon. We like to cut the peaches up into smaller slices while they’re in the pan, but this is just a personal preference.
Then, you pour the cake mix over the peaches, smooth it out and top the mix with pats of butter.
Then, you bake the cake until it’s all bubbly and the top is crisp. How easy is that?!
I did have to tell my daughter not to dump everything all over the place, but other than that, the kids love making this as much as they love eating it!
How to Make an Easy Peach Cake
Easy Peach Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 15-oz cans peaches
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 X 9-inch pan with butter or cooking spray
- Dump the peaches and juice into the pan.
- If desired, cut the peaches in half to make the pieces just slightly smaller.
- Add cinnamon over peaches
- Pour the cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Cut the butter into small pats and arrange evenly over the cake mix.
- You can also mix the peach juice with the mix a little, just so you won't have spots of cake mix on the top. I think if the mix is spread evenly enough, it will bake more evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 50 minutes, or until the peaches are bubbly and the top is brown.
This cake makes your home smell heavenly, and it tastes pretty good too! Serve it with some vanilla ice cream on top, and it takes it to a whole new level . If you love peachy desserts, you’ll love how easy it is to make this peach cake! I made this a couple of days ago, and we managed to make it last for two days — that’s awesome for us!
Any other peach lovers out there? How about this super easy Crock-Pot Peach Cobbler?
Thanks for stopping by for some peach cake! Have a peachy-keen day!
You might also enjoy these easy recipes!