Crispy Salsa Verde Breakfast Burritos are loaded with eggs, sausage, peppers, cheese and tomatillo sauce and freezer friendly so you can enjoy one anytime!
So, I shared a recipe for crispy sausage egg breakfast burritos last month, and right away, they took off. And by that I mean that these breakfast burritos are now super popular on my blog, which is definitely a good thing!
And since these easy breakfast burritos are so popular, I decided to change things up a little bit. Because change can definitely be good, especially if it happens to be a delicious recipe for a make ahead, freezer friendly breakfast!
The original recipe for sausage egg burritos is pretty mild, but adding some salsa verde gives the burritos a boost in flavor. I love just about anything with green chile salsa, and if you love salsa verde as much as I do, you need to check out these other recipes with salsa verde.
- Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
- Crock-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Sliders
- Creamy Salsa Verde Dip
- One-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
Like I said, these crispy breakfast burritos are super easy to make and definitely freezer friendly, which means they’re also very easy to reheat. Just make the egg mixture, add it to large tortillas, and heat on a griddle until crisp.
To freeze and reheat these crispy salsa verde breakfast burritos, just follow these simple steps:
- Make the burritos, and heat them on a griddle
- Allow them to cool, then wrap the burritos in plastic wrap and freeze
- Cut in half, wrap in a paper towel, and reheat them in a microwave for 2 minutes, or until heated through
This method makes delicious breakfast burritos that you can enjoy anytime, even on busy mornings! You can even make them for lunch, brunch or dinner!
How to Make Crispy Salsa Verde Breakfast Burritos
Southwest-style Breakfast burritos made with scrambled eggs, sausage, peppers, salsa verde and pepper jack cheese rolled in tortillas and browned until crisp are freezer friendly so you can enjoy them anytime
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs beaten together
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- Crumble and cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown. Drain grease, place sausage on paper towel-lined plate, cover and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mostly set and no longer runny
Stir in sausage and salsa verde, then remove from heat
- Add some of the egg mixture to the middle of a tortilla, top with some of the cheese, fold sides, and roll up
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place burrito in pan, and cook for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown
- Repeat process until all burritos are made, and serve immediately
My family gave these salsa verde breakfast burritos 5 stars. They really love them, and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Have a super day, friends!
Sharing at Weekend Potluck