Crock-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Sliders topped with pepper jack cheese are creamy, cheesy and so delicious. You’ll love this easy slow cooker dinner!
If you’re looking for a slightly different way to make chicken, I think you’ll like this twist on chicken salsa verde. It’s one of those super easy meals where you can throw a few ingredients into your slow cooker and enjoy a delicious dinner a few hours later. Those are the best, right?!
See, I wasn’t even in the mood to cook dinner the first time I made these chicken sliders. We’ve had a lot going on lately, and I haven’t had much time to spend in the kitchen. Sandwiches are always a good bet whenever you want something fast and easy, and we had already had baked roast beef sliders and baked ham and cheese sliders earlier in the week.
I almost made some skinny chicken Parm sliders, but I was absolutely craving some cheesy Mexican-style comfort food. So, I made creamy salsa verde chicken in the Crock-Pot, and instead of making enchiladas or tacos, I made sliders, instead. I’ve been on a roll with the green tomatillo sauce lately, and if you like the stuff as much as I do, check out these other recipes with salsa verde:
Like I said, this recipe is super simple, and you only need four ingredients for the chicken — besides the salt and pepper. Just add everything to the Crock-Pot, let it cook, and then make your sliders.
I added pepper jack cheese for a little extra spice, but you can use anything you want. My kids prefer colby jack, so that’s what I use with theirs.
I also bake the sliders for a little bit at this point, just to warm up the buns and get the cheese all melted and gooey. It’s optional, but the sliders are extra tasty this way!
How to Make Crock-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Sliders
Crock-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Sliders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 buns
- Add the olive oil and chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, and season with sea salt and pepper
- Pour salsa verde over chicken
- Place cream cheese over salsa verde, cover, and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low or until internal temperature is 165 degrees
- Shred chicken, using two forks, and stir until all ingredients are well combined
- Sprinkle shredded Monterey jack evenly over chicken, cover and cook until melted
- Spoon chicken mixture on bottom of slider buns, top with pepper jack cheese, and cover with tops of buns
We’ve had these Crock-Pot salsa verde chicken sliders twice already, and my family can’t get enough of them! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Sharing at Weekend Potluck