This Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe is a delicious slow cooker chicken dinner with tender chicken in creamy gravy. An easy recipe the whole family loves and pure comfort food!
If you're looking for an easy chicken recipe for dinner tonight, you will love my easy crockpot chicken and gravy. It's a family favorite with simple ingredients that requires just a few minutes of prep time.
This easy chicken recipe is one of the easiest slow cooker meals ever. It's a great recipe for busy weeknights or whenever you're craving simple comfort food, especially during the cold winter months.
Even my picky eaters love it!
Serve the chicken with gravy over mashed potatoes, white rice or egg noodles with a side of green beans.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this easy slow cooker recipe. You can find them in your grocery store or online.
- Chicken breasts -- boneless skinless chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs
- Chicken gravy -- a packet of chicken gravy or low sodium chicken gravy
- Cream of chicken soup -- makes the creamy gravy
- Chicken broth -- or water to thin the soup out
- Seasonings -- garlic powder, black pepper, dried parsley. Use salt, to taste, or after cooking if you like
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy
First, spray a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Then, place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Season with garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
Next, add the cream of chicken, packet of chicken gravy and chicken broth. Or, in a small bowl combine the gravy mix and soup and pour the gravy mixture over the chicken.
I just find it easier to mix the condensed soup, gravy packet and broth in the crockpot.
Saves you a dish to wash, as well!
Place the lid on the crockpot and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Cooking time may vary with different brands and sizes of slow cookers.
You can use brown gravy mix, pork gravy mix or onion soup mix. You can also use a jar of gravy or homemade gravy if you have some.
The easiest way to shred cooked chicken is to use a handheld mixer or stand mixer. You can shred it right in the slow cooker or Instant Pot or place the chicken in a bowl and shred it on low speed.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can freeze chicken and gravy for up to 3 months for best taste.
Reheat shredded chicken and gravy in your microwave or on the stove.
There are a couple of ways to customize this easy dinner recipe.
If you like a lot of gravy, add two gravy packets and 1 cup of chicken broth.
For extra creamy chicken, add in half a cup of sour cream.
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 packet low sodium chicken gravy 1.87 oz
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker
- Season with garlic powder, pepper and parsley
- Add gravy packet, cream of chicken and chicken broth, and mix well
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is 165 degrees f according to a meat thermometer
- Shred chicken, mix with gravy, and serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you love this crockpot recipe as much as we do. It's one of my favorite recipes for any time of year!
If you do make this delicious slow cooker recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more crockpot chicken recipes and slow cooker recipes, please follow me on social media and subscribe to my weekly newsletter!