Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy is a simple recipe for pressure cooker chicken breasts with the most delicious homemade sauce. An easy weeknight dinner idea!
If you’re looking for new Instant Pot chicken breast recipes, you’re going to love this Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy! It’s easy to make, uses simple ingredients, and it’s absolutely delicious! It’s already one of my family’s favorite Instant Pot reicpes!
I’m always on the lookout for new easy chicken recipes for dinner because we eat a lot — and I mean a LOT — of chicken! My kids prefer chicken over beef, so I like to keep adding as many new chicken dinners as possible to our regular rotation.
My mom used to make chicken and gravy in the Crock-Pot and oven, so I decided to try my version in the pressure cooker. Chicken cooks so much faster in the Instant Pot, and you don’t have to heat up the house.
Made without Cream Soup
My recipe is super simple, and it doesn’t use cream soups or seasoning packets for flavor. It’s similar to my recipe for Instant Pot pork chops and gravy only you use chicken instead of pork. Serve it over Instant Pot mashed potatoes, and it’s easy comfort food!
How to Make Chicken Breasts and Gravy in the Instant Pot
Start out by browning the chicken on the SAUTE setting. This helps keep the chicken breasts juicy and retain their shape for easy slicing. I usually do 2 at a time and keep the chicken covered on a plate until this step is done.
Next, deglaze the pot with chicken broth, and scrape up all of those delicious brown bits. Then, stir in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard for flavor.
Add the chicken back into the pot, and add the remaining ingredients, except for what you need for the slurry. Now, it’s time to pressure cook the chicken breasts!
How Long to Pressure Cook Chicken Breasts
Pressure cook the chicken for just 6 minutes. Remember, they are already partially cooked from browning, so this is plenty of time.
Make it a Dump and Start Dinner
If you want, you can make this a super easy chicken dinner and skip browning the chicken breasts. Just dump everything into the Instant Pot,except for the slurry ingredients, and pressure cook the chicken for 10 minutes with a 10 minute release.
More Simple Chicken Breast Recipes for Dinner
- Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Pin this Recipe to Save it!
Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup low sodium, organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both side with sea salt and pepper
- Hit SAUTE on Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil, and brown the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes per side. You may have to do this in batches of 2, and keep the chicken on a plate covered with foil until done with this step
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, and stir with wooden spoon or spatula to deglaze and remove any browned bits from the bottom of pot
- Hit CANCEL, then stir in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard
- Place chicken breasts back in pot, and sprinkle with onions and garlic powder
- Place lid on pot, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure then begin counting down and cook. After pot beeps, allow a 10 minute natural release, then quick release remaining pressure, if any -- Pot may release pressure on it's own before 10 minutes is up
- When pin drops, carefully remove lid, and remove chicken to a clean plate, and cover with foil keep warm
- Hit CANCEL, then hit SAUTE and when liquid starts to bubble, stir in the cornstarch slurry until well combined. Stir in butter, and allow to cook and thicken for about 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it cools down. Add chicken back to pot to keep warm or serve immediately with the gravy
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken broth or water with cornstarch until dissolved
I hope you enjoy this super easy chicken and gravy dinner as much as we do!