Easy Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy is a simple recipe for tender boneless pork chops smothered in a delicious savory sauce. A quick and easy dinner idea!
These Instant Pot boneless pork chops are tender, flavorful and super easy to make. If you're looking for a simple pork chop recipe without cream soup or seasoning packets, I definitely recommend adding this to your list of Instant Pot recipes to try!
I made these boneless pork chops in the Instant Pot twice last week, and my family practically inhaled them each time. Even my picky eater liked these pork chops in gravy, and that's always a good sign! My son even asked if he could drink up the sauce -- It's that good!
This is a lighter version of smothered pork chops, and it's super easy because there's hardly any prep and no chopping involved. You get the flavor of onion gravy by using minced onion flakes, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. And because you're not using canned or dry soup mixes, these pork chops are lower in sodium.
How to Make the Best Boneless Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
People love using bone-in chops for the flavor, but I like using leaner boneless chops. These pork chops are about 1-inch thick, so they're not super thin but not extra thick -- just right!
Brown the Pork Chops
While there's not a lot of prep work in this recipe, you do need to brown the pork chops to seal in flavor. This takes about 2 minutes per side. I like to season the chops with a little bit of sea salt and pepper and then add the rest of the seasoning before pressure cooking.
This recipe uses 6 pork chops. For some reason, they come 3 in a pack at our local store, so I had to buy 2. Just brown 3 at a time, and keep the cooked ones covered on a platter until you're done with this step.
Deglaze the Pot
Then, deglaze the pot with broth to scrape up those beautiful browned bits from the bottom. Let's add some alliteration, shall we?! You can use chicken or beef broth here.
Next, add some Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard for flavor, and place the pork chops back into the pressure cooker. Sprinkle the remaining seasonings over chops, and pressure cook 'em!
How Long to Cook Boneless Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
For moderately thick chops, I find cooking for 8 minutes followed by a 5 to 10 minute natural release is perfect. If your pork chops are extra thick or super thin, you may have to adjust the time. Actually, you can allow a full natural release if you want since after 10 minutes, there's not much pressure left.
I like to thicken up the gravy with a cornstarch slurry. Just remove the chops to a different platter from the one you used earlier, cover them, and mix in the slurry.
After the sauce is nice and thick, add the chops back and cover them up with that delicious gravy! This is the best part, friends!
You can cut these pork chops with a fork -- they're that tender. And so good!
More Easy Pork Chops Recipes
- Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Pork Chops
- Hawaiian BBQ Pork Chops
- Baked Breaded Pork Chops
- Grilled Pork Loin Chops
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy
- 6 boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons broth or water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- Hit SAUTE on Instant Pot, and add olive oil. Brown pork chops on both sides for about 2 minutes per side or until light brown. You can do this in batches. Remove chops to a plate, and cover with foil until all chops are browned
- Add chicken broth to pot, and deglaze by scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot
- Hit CANCEL to turn off pot, and stir in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard
- Place pork chops back into pot, and sprinkle any remaining sea salt and pepper, plus garlic and onions over chops
- Place lid on pressure cooker, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 8 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook for 8 minutes. When pot beeps, allow a 10 minute natural release, then turn valve to quick release remaining pressure
- When pin drops, open lid, and remove chops to clean platter. Cover with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and broth or water together until smooth
- Hit SAUTE, and when liquid starts bubbling, pour in the cornstarch slurry, and stir until dissolved. Cook until liquid starts bubbling and thickens. Place pork chops back in pot, and cover with gravy. Serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Pin this recipe to save!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy as much as we do!